Transfer US and UK shares to Indian brokers

Hi has anyone thought about bringing shares bought in other countries to Indian account? Does our demat support non Indian shares? Can we pledge them and get collateral margin?

Thanks Rahul. @siva @nithin do you have any feedback on this? it will be helpful to hear from the experts. Thanks.

You need a broker to help you trade US stocks from India . You will have to create a trading account with a brokerage house and get your KYC done by giving your PAN, Bank Account, Voter ID, Bank Statement, etc. Post this you’ll need to transfer funds into your account to trade US stocks .

Good to know that shares can be transferred into Indian account. But I was trying to understand where the shares will be held. I mean demat form, etc.

Also, can we get a pledge of the shares held in Indian trading/demat account?

I am not encouraging anyone to invest in US securities though. They are overvalued in my view.

Dear @pnsudesh,

Has anyone asked your views here? What is over-valued and under-valued is not in your hands to decide. Stop scattering your droppings of unsolicited views.

@itsadam well I thought its my duty to do so. One of my post about chart reading was taken down due to the nature of the content. Just by talking about the so called advanced markets I don’t want to lure people to investing in foreign markets.

It was just my view and not an advice.