Unable to modify the existing the open order in Bank nifty options

When I have an existing order in Bank nifty options and suddenly the strike price is not in allowed range, then I am unable to change the price of the order.

For example: I have placed 30500PE at 35, which was trading at 45 and suddenly the 30500PE becomes not tradeable as its not inside the range. Then, I cannot change the buy price to other value.

I am forced to buy the options at the same price, which was set before.

@nithin could you please help to get this fixed. Please allow only changing the price and not the quantity.

If you have existing position and placing a counter order, system will allow to change price, If that order is to initiate a new position then it won’t allow.

I just have an open order thats not executed and I am not placing a new order.
I am not able to change the price of the existing order.

Yes, system won’t allow you to and is not possible to allow this.

why ?, your system should be allowed to change the price and not the quantity. I understand ppl misuse it for changing the quantity, but for changing the price it should be allowed.

1 Like

I understand, but that is not possible. By allowing this also one can be misuse it- people can keep big orders with prices close to lower circuit at the day opening and when spot moves they can change the price so that it will execute and that can add to OI which can effect entire client base. I hope you got it now.

1 Like