Unable to trade OTM strikes for Tatamotors stock options

" Far OTM strike prices are not visible in Kite when a stock moves drastically in a single session. Today, TATAMOTORS went up 20% and all CE strikes above 485 were not available in Kite."

Traders don’t have a choice to buy debit spreads (ATM or OTM) around 500. Not possible to sell OTM strangles or straddles.

Why is Kite not displaying new strike prices as and when the stock touches new highs in same session?

NSW website option chain for TATAMOTORS today indicates that there was trading in CE upto 520 strike.

2 Likes

they added those strikes today only due to drastic movement in underlying.
When ever there is a new strike added by NSE, it will available to trade from the next day (in zerodha).

There was adequate traded volume in 520 CE yesterday itself. Is NSE allowing access to new strike prices to only few brokers on the same day?

i think the other way, like NSE will not restrict brokers, infact all are equal.
But brokers may be restricting it due to some reasons.
may be @siva can clarify this.

i had asked the same. the thread got delisted.
no one from zerodha has answered/clarified why it so that strikes are blocked at broker but not at exchange!

Hi @Ragavendran_V,
The exchange provides us with contracts that are not tradeable and keeps them marked inactive. These are marked active by the exchange during the day. However, we are unable to allow this to be available to trade currently due to a change required in the internal process. We are working on a fix to ensure we can whitelist on the go.

Will update you once we have a solution for this.

3 Likes

yea… that’s what I said

Yeah , Please make this priority as lots of FNO stocks are crazy now even they move to 30% in single day. Its really difficult to fire fight in these situation as future are in Circuit ( so can’t hedge) and other strikes are not available to trade.

@Sensibull : We also don’t see new contracts on option chain in sensibull as well during the day. Can you also add the new strike during the day. At least for FNO Stocks hitting UC/LC.

@siva @nithin

1 Like

hi,
today also there was huge opportunity costs with IEX and IRCTC, where ZERODHA didnt allow higher strikes.
hi @MohammedFaisal can you please provide an approx timeline of correcting this problem?
shouldnt the exchange be penalizing any broker who doesnt allow strikes available at exchange for the clients?
has anyone reported this problem before to ZERODHA? or to SEBI?

Hope zerodha takes quick action on this and fixes the problem.

Please dont flag this post.
Thanks

2 Likes

Yes , I also agree . This should be priority now. Every day there are many FNO shares that open at UC . There are very limited options to hedge as you can’t hedge with FUT as there are in Circuit and Options strikes of particular delta are not available.

@nithin @MohammedFaisal : Its a genuine request that needs to be looked at.

1 Like

hi @Sensibull,
the option chain displays only upto 40 strikes.
This is a further retrograde step behind zerodha’s inability to update strikes on the go, w.r.t exchange rovided strikes.
Would like to understand the reason behind the constraint (I can understand the tech, so please feel free to explain in that way if required).

Please check and correct this. A ballpark timeline would be helpful.

These artificial restrictions really annoy and take away/mask the actual benefits your facilities are providing. Please think from that perspective.

Thanks

hi @Sensibull option chain never opened today after 2.00 PM from zerodha kite, what was the issue? did any other clients faced the issue?

hi zerodha, if others also faced issue of sensibull option chain not opening today, please disengage from them and have your own option-chain facility. Everything about option-chain from kite-web was fuzzy today after 2.00 PM

The retail trader may be always failing as they never get a decent trade execution/data analysis resources however good the strategy is.

1 Like

Agreed. Accesing sensibull from kite like looking for a option chain/analysing postions is not smooth. Some times it never opens and also sometime take a lot of time to load it in. (with high speed intenet, I’ve tested it in multiple OS, internet etc).
At the same accessing ticker tape is from kite is smooth. This is not the case with @Sensibull
Any solutions ?

@Sensibull you need to improve the platform like gocharting , your option chain and order placing from option chain is worst experiance , when we click to sell or buy its going to open 2 browser and confirmation and then i place order its will go after 1 minutes to kite - please make platform for clients not for your purpose , otherwise link quantsapp or go charting or oipulse.com , those speed are ultrafast and more information is there , in sensibull are limited and charges are high in pro

@siva for option trader why you cannot allow two other platform for option trading , its client choise to choose .

1 Like