Unused funds and pledged stocks

I see that today morning all my pledged stocks along with the unused funds have been credited back to my demat account. Why this has happened?

This is due to quarterly settlement. You can read more here What is quarterly settlement? Why do brokers do this for active traders?

Yes, you’re correct. But why is the pledged stock credited back? Does it mean that I will have to bear the cost of pledging again?

If you pledge stocks and margins aren’t utilized stocks are unpledged back to your demat account.

Yes.

You can learn more here

1 Like

one , also has to bear the demat transfer cost/charge ! am I right ?

There are no Demat charges for pledging/unpledging.

I am trading regularly, but zerodha transferred funds to my bank account. Any idea guys. @ShubhS9

The funds are retained in two scenarios, 1) If the account balance is less than Rs.10,000 and 2) If you have an open F&O position, in the second scenario;

The Exchange allows a broker to block 2.25 times of the margin it levies for the open position held by the client and after blocking such 2.25 times margin if there is any credit, it needs to be reversed.

You can learn more on this here.

I had open fno positions. @ShubhS9

My positional margin requirement is 6 lacs, plaged margin(cash) is 15 lacs and fund balance is 1.2 lacs.
Zerodha transferred 1.03 lacs. And there ia no payin or payout.
Someone explain the calculation. @siva

Would request you create a ticket at support.zerodha.com. Team will check and assist.

Ticket no 20220202766879 .