UP new stamp duty

Thanks Nithin. Though its not reflected in today’ contract note, any chances for last 2 days extra stamp duty deductions to get adjusted ??

1 Like

This came in quite late today, applicable from tomorrow. What is collected on contract note has to be paid, no way to revert that back.

Ok… ::cry:

You can claim claim back the deduction
Actually it is not the reversal from 0.05 to 0.002
The stamp duty was never 0.05
It was abrought down to 0.002 in 2008
When someone made the new circular, they copy pasted old information
Go through www.nseindia.com/content/circular/Memb11287.htm
This link shows the reduction in 2008
Claim reversal from your broker. Thos money wont go to govt

yup…looks like taklu baba and dehati administration of up (yogi adityanath) gone mad he doesn’t know the importance of zero…:rofl::rofl:

Bro i will really appreciate if u plz tell me since when you were paying revised stamp duty…

how to claim from zerodha?

Last 2 trading sessions … paid hefty stamp duty…

It happens when wrong people are at wrong places…

No idea whether its feasible. Nithin has already clarified over this , check last messages…

“Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery.”

I called zerodha support there where she says they wont reverse the stamp duty already deducted by 0.05 percent, only from now it ll be charged as 0.002 percent… pls someone clarify how to claim it

may be need to show it while filing ITR. CA can clarify over this…

If something is posted on contract note it has to be paid, we need to pay it to government.

So it wont be reversed?? Other brokers said we ll reverse it

Excess stamp duty reversed by uttar Pradesh government. Only one question arise in mind why did they hike it in first place.

That amount is reversed for NSE/BSE.

Can check start of the thread, circular is attached.

Sir I am aware about it.

THIS shows how much EDUCATED PROFESSIONAL are working in GOVt. :
MAY BE THEY ARE OVER CUNNING PEOPLE. :wink: