Update 4th Aug 2020 - Margins for trading stocks & Intraday leverages

@siva : I am checking this sheet - screenshot below.
The total # of stocks (excluding MFs/ETF) that can be pledged is around 750.
Are you refering to some other sheet?

sir after sept 2021,if i want buy crude for intraday what is the margin i required if the price 3000

Full nrml margin(carry forward), what ever it is.

@siva : Am following up on this repeatedly for the benefit of all my fellow traders.
However, for now can you please help to add Intellect design arena (INE306R01017) in this list so that I can pledge it for margin. Thanks

Just a simple question for FnO, will we have 0 leverage (i.e. full span+exposure) come Dec 1, or is the leverage going to reduced in a phased manner as per peak margin implementation, that is 4x then 2x then 1.3x for us, the end traders. @nithin @siva. Or in other words, when will the leverage be 0 for FnO, that is we have to pay the full span+exposure even for intraday ?

In phases only, likely full margin from sep 2021.

" Dec 2020 to Feb 2021 - penalty if margin blocked is less than 25% of VAR+ELM ( or 20% of trade value) for stocks or SPAN+Exposure for F&O. (Max leverage of 5% or 20 times for stocks)"

Currently, you are giving exposure of “30% of the VaR+ELM+Adhoc mandated by the exchange” on cover orders. Would it be safe to assume that you would be giving the same leverage till Feb21.

Reply would be much appreciated. Thanks.

yeah, unless we are asked not to by the regulators.

We can use payin as margin, right ?

Yes, you can.

How to check settled funds ?

The funds you will see in your Kite balance can be used to trade, any Intraday profit you will be making will be shown in Kite balance after settlement on T+1 day in F&O and T+2 days in Equities, though, you can continue to see the funds from Intraday profits in the closing balance on your Console ledger.

I have a question Nithin…do we need to pay Var+elm margin (in some stocks 40%) from 1st December for equity intraday trading or will this 20% upfront will continue ?

Increase in margin requirement will happen in phased manner, so you will not have to pay entire VAR + ELM margin upfront from December 1st.

You can read this, will give you an idea.

• Dec 2020 to Feb 2021 - penalty if margin blocked is less than 25% of VAR+ELM ( or 20% of trade value) for stocks or SPAN+Exposure for F&O. (Max leverage of 5% or 20 times for stocks)
  • Marc 2021 to May 2021 - penalty if margin blocked less than 50% of minimum margin required. (Max leverage of 10% or 10 times for stocks)
  • June 2021 to Aug 2021 - penalty if margin blocked less than 75% of minimum margin required. (Max leverage of 15% or around 7 times for stocks)
  • From Sept 2021 - penalty if margin blocked less than 100% of minimum margin required. (Max leverage of 20% or 5 times).

The above essentially means that in a phased manner the broking industry will move to a structure where intraday leverages offered can’t exceed what is already offered by VAR+ELM (or 20%) for stocks and SPAN+Exposure for F&O by Sep 2021.

Any chances of margin funding at interest ? Has that been disallowed by SEBI ?

Margin funding is only allowed on equity delivery trades, but there are restrictions and change in procedure. It might take us a bit to enable it.

2 Likes

So any chances for it getting implemented for intraday fno ? Say I want a lot of bnf at 70k and not 1.4L in intraday ?

No, not possible. SEBI is strictly against any funding in F&O.

2 Likes

Just a request. Now that chances of getting margins are thin, we have to execute our future trades via ATM/ITM options. It would be great if we have a conditional order feature; which buys option based on triggers in futures. Would be more than happy to pay some amount for such a service.

Take personal loan. Why broker has to take risk?

1 Like