Update 4th Aug 2020 - Margins for trading stocks & Intraday leverages

Reduction will start from December 1st in phased manner as explained above in main post.

I thought for cash stocks reduction will start from 1st sep and for F&O, it will start from 1st dec.

Regarding selling T+1 holdings. Is there any change which eliminates short delivery and/or its penalties? Or is BTST carry the same risk as before?

The risks associated with BTST continue to remain the same.

Can i Sell the holding stock without any margin amount on my trading account ?

Yes you can.

@ShubhS9 does T+2 days settlement include the holidays like weekend or only the trading days? Like I made a intraday profit in cash on Friday will the profits be added on Monday

Settlement period only includes working days, weekends or any other holidays arenā€™t included.

@ShubhS9 Can zerodha Will come with margin Funding product As leverage is Gone Reduce in future
Any chance?

What if I sell 100 shares of Reliance on NSE at 10 am and buy back 100 shares of Reliance on BSE at 11 am? Would this be possible?

pls admins reply vvimp
1)say i am long on nifty 1 lot at 11750
2)i have bought 11700 put of the same expiry
3**)margin for this hedged trade is approx 40k which i pay immediately(this include paying full price for option buy upfront)**
4)if market goes to 11650 i am still bullish now what margin i will require
will it change or remain the same

On our list of things to do.

1 Like

Yes possible as of now without any margin. From Dec1st 2020, it may not be .

Margins will remain similar, but you will have MTM losses on futures positions that you will have to transfer to your trading account.

shall it be net amount or whole loss on futures
ie for futures i am having loss of 7500 and from option i have gained 5000 so i need to pay net loss ie 2500 or whole 7500
thanks

Options gain doesnā€™t get credited until you sell it. So you have to make good of the entire future loss.

k thank you very much

i wish we can use 100% of proceeds in doing BTST

You can use to buy other equity but not for fno, only 60% for fno.

oh what really !! i can use 100% proceeds in BTST for equity ā€¦thank u ā€¦siva ā€¦then its no problem for me