Update to CDSL’s TPIN authorisation process for selling stocks from 20/02/2021

Ticket Id #20210224590903
I placed a single sell GTT order and did pre-authorisation with the CDSL PIN. Can You please explain the further procedure.

Please find attached screensot
90 quantity need to be authorised at CDSL (your demat depository) to complete this order. Learn more

So now authorisation is valid for only one trading day.

Can I authorise shares today after market closed if I want to sell stock tomorrow. ?

Yes, you can place using AMOs after 5pm.

1 Like

By the time we do this process, we forget our selling price or the thing we are executing the price changes. Happened to me when I was selling a stock (11AGG) at the market rate and when I did CDSL, PIN authentication, the share hit the lower circuit from the upper circuit and I was in a loss for this share.

When you have a PIN why would you require CDSL then? Remove one of them atleast!

CDSL is the locked box in which your shares are kept, and PIN is the key to the lock for this box.

You want to throw away which of these, again? The locked box with your shares in it, or the key to that box?

First you must do the authorisation with a limit target price cnc sell order during AMO (8.01am-8,56am) Zerodha CDSL pop out ,TPIN+OTP torture you can under go when the market is not moving.
After 9.15am it is only a single click edit change limit price or change to market . instantly you are out.
I do this daily for more than 7-10 BTST stocks as I dont have POA at zerodha.
One added bonus in Zerodha apart from doing authorisation duting AMO time is -------one scrip authorisation is enough for all stocks in DMAT fore the day (I mean to sell if you wish to ) blanket authorisation to sell stocks. Not all brokers have this facility

I have seen similar questions as below in other threads, but did not have clarified answers, hence posting this -

If we blanket authorize sell with TPIN from the Holdings page on the previous night, the Pop up shows that we are authorizing for the next day.

1. So, if we have already authorized the previous night, then GTT orders triggered on the next day will not have a problem and go through, right?

2. I had blanket pre-authorized yesterday, but today when I tried to Sell, the CDSL pop up showed up again, even though I had already given a blanket authorization for today’s date. Am I doing something wrong?

Please confirm that this tine to authorise holdings is restricted to 0800 - 0856 only.

I had put some GTT orders at 7 AM.
Ome got execute others failed for authorisation.

Hoe to make it full proof. Since i cant excess net during market hours and hugely rely on GTT orders

Such GTT orders sell …are failing repetitively.

Please clarify . … Totally dependent on GTT orders as i cant excess net during market hrs

Hi Zerodha (And other experinced)
Today my first GTT order hit, and failed with
Rejection reason : 5 quantity need to be authorised at CDSL (your demat depository) to complete this order. Learn more

now

Does it mean that now I my trade (dis)qualified for short delivery, auction and penalty.?
What i need to do to avoid it.
I comptete wholesale authrisaion for all my stock now, but i guess its bit late now…

Thanking in Adavance

As the message you posted above explains. As you hadn’t authorized the sell transaction, your order was rejected. This won’t lead to short delivery.

1 Like