Upstox Review: Is Upstox Brokerage under staffed?

Thank you

Hi Upstox web platform is working or dead?

@skj.pro i’ve stated my views after using upstox…what’s the use of chat facility when their system fails & orders don’t go through. several customers have faced this issue. even now i keep getting messages / mails etc inspite of account closure 2 years back. i’ve tried kotak, icici direct, hdfc sec, idbi, reliance etc in past few yrs but Zerodha remains the best platform in my view.

I’ve had a terrible experience with Upstox. Their customer service is non-existent, good luck getting anything sorted.

They opened my account during the promotional offer which gave me free demat and trading accounts for life, without any sort of AMC charges. Then, one fine day they charged me AMC for the next year. I raised a ticket but that has been pending since half a month and every time I ask them for an update, they’ll just respond with a standard ‘we are working on it’. I can’t even close the account because they ask me to clear the debit balance.

I used to trade commodities with my Upstox account but I’ve withdrawn every penny from it. The equity balance is negative to the tune of AMC charges. I wouldn’t trade with them or recommend others to trade with them. If you are trading with them, it may not be a bad idea to consider switching to another broker. They’ve also charged me a peak margin penalty of Rs.1500/- once and as usual their response was something nobody could make a head or tail of it.

1 Like

Also, their play store rating of 4.4 that you see? That’s FAKE! They’ve called up their customers and have asked them to leave a 5 star rating. Prior to that, their rating was in the mid 2s.