Weekly trading diary : 23rd Feb - 1st March 2018 - Updated Thread

i still have few more strategies in my mind , once everything is tested , i will go back to putting my profits for some useful things :slight_smile:

in jan i made arnd 1.5L ( risk free ) … decided to gamble on budget and bought options for 12L ( 2L stoploss and all are long straddles on stocks ) …
was showing 1.2L loss , but next day when i saw some green i booked all … if i kept it for another couple of days , i might have got 20/25L ( but i would have considered it as pure luck if i made that much )

buying stock options has potential considering the premiums wont depreciate that much

1 Like

i assume you have decent enough capital …

directly jumping into options is not a good idea , but you already did :smile:
i suggest to write options as well and if you keep doing it you will learn…

like if you are bullish and want to buy calls … when you are buying 10800 call , sell 10000 call … in the long run it helps to minimise the loss when you are wrong ( and you will learn to trade slwoly )

I am surprised! :hushed:
I thought you would be short Vega! I was too…

premiums went down by 10% as i expected , but my picks didnt move anywhere :expressionless:

bought tata motors heavily , usually auto moves heavily and i thought its movement outweight vega loss…
tata motors didnt move an inch , but my other candidate m&m moved 5% which was not liquid :smile:
bought aurophrama and lupin , thought both wont lose premium much before the results …

learning is , nifty and bank nifty monthly lost 30/40% of the premiums … but stock options lost 5 to 15% …
probably next time will go long on stocks and short on index options

Ohhh… I traded only Nifty for budget… only problem was that I got out early at 1.45pm… should have waited till 3pm atleast… anyways moderate profit.

Yes it is correct definition of vix . but it does not having any effects on nifty, now days because of manipulation. nifty after opening behaves like a tortoise just to make an impression that our market is stable.
Vix cover all the stocks in India not only nifty .but its effect on option premium giving the retailer money a slow death.
Its my personal view that even vix is also being manipulated…by bigiees .

Congrats bro…!!! :smiley:

So is it means our Indian market will also move toward as US market or Europian market moved ?

Well, that’s the usual trend these days, most global markets seem to move in sync, except when there are any overwhelming local factors in individual markets.

This is tad incorrect. VIX value is calculated solely on the basis of Nifty Options of current month and next month. Here is the exact definition of VIX from NSE’s whitepaper:
“India VIX is a volatility index computed by NSE based on the order book of NIFTY Options. For this, the best bid-ask quotes of near and next-month NIFTY options contracts which are traded on the F&O segment of NSE are used. India VIX indicates the investor’s perception of the market’s volatility in the near term i.e. it depicts the expected market volatility over the next 30 calendar days. Higher the India VIX values, higher the expected volatility and viceversa.”

Here is the link to the whitepaper on NSE website:
https://www.nseindia.com/content/indices/white_paper_IndiaVIX.pdf

1 Like

LOL…It recovered a lot…

I just came online.
What’s happening in “50 Time Tested Classic Stock Trading Rules” Thread???

The thread has been locked now… Saw the thread just now… some heated exchanges…

Any trade sentiments for Tomorrow.
Tomorrow planning to take someplace order in NIFTY and BANKNIFTY. So maybe your all views will help me to decide some aspects in advance.

all developed and emerging indices have formed bullish pin bar…If they clear high of this candle then price action set up completes.

Let’s see what will happen next…:grinning::hushed::hushed:

I am also waiting for tomorrow to check how and when I can take new positional trades into NIFTY and BANK NIFTY with 2 lots in each and with limit profits…
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope this week will be calm and steady

No gap up and gap down simultaneously…:roll_eyes:

One may happen in any direction…

1 Like

Get more than 5 stocks with weekly chart bullish pattern… get this after Gujarat election…time to wide stop and buffer…

Tomorrow SBI will be punished hardly…
"“Baheti ganga me Sab hath doyenyenge…”"
:smile: :smile:

2 Likes

bearish for SBI

1 Like