Weekly Trading Diary 7th May to 11th May 2018

Off-course I understand buddy. Was just pulling ya :wink:
Liked your approach to finding critical points in payoff graphs for reversals and putting it in diary. Helps tremendously in the longer run.

15%return today.This week is rocking for me.:sunglasses:
Small,scalp on Hexaware.Total return 17%. Small,scalp on KPIT.Total return 20%.

Why dont you leverage the Zerodha’s Margin ?

I do use leverage of 20x.This is my small account.I have a big account too.

Oh great ! Cheers ! Happy trading :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wanted Rs.500/- for My SIP.
Now, I know If Trader will Leave greed behind 90% of time Your Trade will end in Green.

2 Likes

Made a mess of good day by not following position sizing properly

@Abid_Hassan @Risk.Money

Just one more question.Hope you help me.
You both suggested to buy 1 lot of Fut if 10800 breaks and I have a directional view that nifty wont retrace back.

But I was experimenting with payoffs and found out that if Nifty breaches 10800 and say is at 10850 EoD, then what if I initiate yet another strangle of 10500-11000??
That will stretch out my BE to 10200 to 11100 and also increase the Max Profit if Nifty retraces back to 10600.
Am I right.

Ok. Let me show you my way …
The first rule is - You will never be required to take both sides if you are repairing a strategy. Think it through and you will come to the same conclusion. A repair will always be about the loss making leg.

So I will treat your strangle of 10500-11000 as an independent idea. But this is where the payoffs gets interesting. You wish to initiate that trade when nifty breaches 10850. How do you find the prices of 10500 PE and 11000 CE when NIFTY is @ 10850. You can use the delta risk from the app and theta. The app calculates options greeks across the option chain in realtime.

With this delta and some idea of theta decay you can approximately find the prices of 10500 PE and 11000 CE when NIFTY cross 10850. Use those prices in a strangle with LIMIT orders and you will have your payoffs.

Tip: You are almost right … :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Risk.Money
Thanks bro.
Just to confirm my calculations.
Suppose Nifty is at 10850 this 11th May.
then - 10500 PE will be approx 31 (LTP is 66)
and 11000 CE will be approx 64 (LTP is 35)
Am I correct.

Also the app is throwing an error.
It shows my trades, positions well.
But in Risk position - it shows only CE short position. Fut long is absent.
Strategy maker gives blank page and nothing else
The app closes abruptly whrn I try strategize option and try to add basket orders

Bingo!

Risk Positions Concept - We all have different thresholds of taking losses. Mr. Jhunjhunwala can take 10Cr hit without a blink of an eye. But we all have different thresholds. This is under Monitoring Risk section. So you are shown only the positions that are breaching your risk loss threshold. And you can then act further on it. Thats the idea - to set your own risk threshold.

Strategy Marker requires you to have positions in first place. There on you can select multiple positions (3,4,5,6 whatever you want) and make a strategy out of it by giving it a name. The PnL and payoffs will be calculated on the fly in realtime.
34%20pm03%20pm47%20pm

Oh … thats the best feature. I will look into it. Are you providing a name to your basket?

Yup,
Its synth

Finally broke my loosing streak in May!

3 Likes

Not particularly a great day. Was up INR 1200. Should have booked profits and stopped trading. Ended up over trading :stuck_out_tongue:

incurred a major loss in the morning. thankfully recouped my losses. Will still have to pay brokerage :frowning:

Which app is this?

25%return on capital.:blush: Still another green day this week.

Fyers

I think nifty should go down tomorrow as well. Lets see!!!