Weekly trading diary : December 2017 Week 3 : 18 Dec - 22 Dec

No brother… I wanted to buy the shares at lower price. So used this opportunity. But to my surprise some people are saying that my buying cost will remain the same.( I had those shares in demat)
Zerodha executive is saying that new buying cost Rs. 310.8 will be updated on T+2 days. Loads of confusion. I’ve emailed them. Let’s see what they reply. You didn’t execute any trade?

I didn’t had any loss making trade.
All the other trades were time-pass trades. I was just testing some strategy.

I too need more clarification on this.

Suppose u bought shares at 100 rs which are lying in demat since 6 months. Current price is 150 rs.
If u sell @ 150 & buy back end of day @ 130 .

What will be new buying price for demat bcuz the old date is not affected so since date remains same, then maybe price also remain same because date is associated with the price itself.

Case 2- You bought @ 200 , 6 months back & current price is 150.
Now u sell @ 150 & buy back end of day @ 130.

How will this affect the price because the original buying date is not affected.

20 + 20 = 40

My situation is like case 2.
I talked with the zerodha executive. In this case, he is saying that the new buy price will be 130. Let’s see what they reply in email and what happens after T+2 days.
If anyone after selling the shares in CNC wants to buy back the shares only in CNC. Then why zerodha keeps the buying cost same. If needed, they can convert cnc tomis. Zerodha shouldn’t assume that they wanted to gain as an intraday trade.
I hope Mr. Nithin and team clarify this. @nithin

No intraday trade today, only exit my cash position in hindalco… and applied for Astron IPO.

I trade in almost every thing, now currency is my comfortable zone

1. Position size is very flexible
  2. Spot vary round the clock
    3.promoter or hni can’t manipulate it

CNC/MIS etc are just internal tagging mechanisms. Buy average calculation, the best reference point is how it is supposed to be calculated for filing your income tax returns. Two things to remember

1. FIFO
  2. Delivery trades those where you pay STT as a delivery trade and Intraday (speculative business income) where you pay STT as intraday.

In your example, if you do a day trade - Sell and buy on an existing stock in your holdings. Holdings shouldn’t get affected. The STT you have paid is as an intraday trade on this Sell and buy.

Similarly if you were holding some stocks bought on different days, and you sold some today. You need to apply FIFO (First in first out) and calculate the buy average of the last buy trades that resulted in your holding.

Case 1: Holding isn’t affected. So same price and date.

Case 2: Holdings isn’t affected.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! Please look at this situation

1. Buy ABC at 317.5 100 quantity on 31st Aug
  2. Sell ABC at 317.3 100 quantity on 18 dec
  3. Buy ABC at 310.8 100 quantity on 18 dec
    All trades in CNC
    Here my buy price should reflect as 310.8 in Holdings, right

Of course not, your buy price of holdings will continue to be 317.5. For the same reason that I just explained.

CNC/MIS etc are just internal tagging mechanisms. Buy average calculation, the best reference point is how it is supposed to be calculated for filing your income tax returns. Two things to remember

FIFO
Delivery trades those where you pay STT as a delivery trade and Intraday (speculative business income) where you pay STT as intraday.
In your example, if you do a day trade - Sell and buy on an existing stock in your holdings. Holdings shouldn’t get affected. The STT you have paid is as an intraday trade on this Sell and buy.

Similarly if you were holding some stocks bought on different days, and you sold some today. You need to apply FIFO (First in first out) and calculate the buy average of the last buy trades that resulted in your holding.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the explanation sir. I appreciate it. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

correction in question…
how much charges paid ?
stt
transaction charges
stamp duty
gst
turnover charges?

total from contract note sir…

Yes! I think so

@vijender88

BRO WHY YOU TAKING IT ON YOU,
I AM TALKING ABOUT A HUMAN PSYCHOLOGY, EVERY ONE INCLUDING ME COMES IN IT.

@vijender88
TIME-PASSING TRADES CAN BE DONE ON PAPER.
(I AM BUYING SO AND SO ON SUCH PRICE) LIKE THAT
ELSE BROCKRAGE WILL TAKE YOUR EARNINGS

@vijender88
IT’S NOT MY DAY.
SO NO ASSUMPTION FROM MY SIDE.

DIDN’T GET ANY TRADE SIGNAL AS MY TRADING PLAN.

SO
GOT EXTRA FREE TIME.:roll_eyes::disappointed_relieved::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

@vijender88

1 qty each

balramchini was my, it can still go down but i modified my sl and that hit
other two are not mine, so i was not confident and exited

0.15 :frowning: however brokerage and taxes would be around -300. Is n’t it?