Weekly trading diary : January 2018, Week 1 : 01 Jan - 05 Jan

Tried to short Idea and Equitas, was in profit for some time but the greed to make more ended up in loss. So should new traders avoid shorting?

My first profit in 2018

1 Like

At what price? Why did u shorted when idea was rallying?

Hey @Mitesh_Thakkar I don’t use Pi.
I use Kite.
I don’t track all the stock.
I track few limited stock Nowadays and take trade according to that.
The the one with Good Volumes and those are trending in Market.

1 Like

At 114.5, since it opened at 108 i thought it won’t go up now but after sometime it went up and wasn’t coming down.

Congratulations @rajeshchand :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

That’s Good :+1::+1:
Congratulations.

Hey from where do u choose the stocks to trade? And while in intraday if the stock is not going in your favor do u book loss or convert it to CNC and hold?

I Select from NSE website.

Although I have Two full Broker who Give continues Intraday calls SBI & Ventura.
But I don’t follow blindly.

I Traded in 4 stock today.

1.YESBANK
2.TATASTEEL
3.JINDALSTEEL
4.RCOM

All of them were full of action.

I book Loss early if trade Goes wrong.
99℅ I trade in Intraday.
Mostly I trade on high leverage and I Don’t have cash to convert Loss position in CNC.

3 Likes

@Lets_Invest and intraday folks,

am curious about optimum intraday returns. What % can we expect to catch off the trending stocks on a day as a whole?

Am a long time investor and am getting into trading.

1 Like

You thought?

How much loss you booked?

₹880. Can u tell me what was my mistake so that i don’t repeat it in future.

Stock was in focus regarding some fund raising which created positive trigger. Also some bulk deals happened today.

But every stock reacts differently n unpredictability to different news. So next time, if there’s some positive news, don’t you go on LONG side blindly!!

Idea is a fundamentally poor stock which has speculative action at times.

1 Like

@Lets_Invest Thanks…

That approach of selecting stocks trending for the day… what’s the general criteria one must follow… I mean what should be the approach… how do you shortlist them… I know you look at the NSE website but what is it that you look for?.. Like @MoneyBytes i’m too a long term investor trying my hand on day trading… right now am just finding my ground and just following the market (paper trading wherever i see a potential trade)…

Regards,
Mitesh

Best advise i have taken on this is to keep the profits small. This helps to reduce losses a lot. Waiting for more profit is what sinks the existing profits. There are many small breakouts all through the day and one can easily mop those profits without giving away huge losses.

3 Likes

Missed your msg earlier. Tried playing support and resistance. Expected good Dec sales numbers data to provide a trigger for a breakout but didn’t happen so far.

Stock has weathered some sector declines so far. So the strong support theory seems to workout. Will hang in for another week. Stoploss at 3700.

Do you track the this one? Any gyan you would like to share?

Thanks Rajesh. Considering one has 1 lakh as trading money, on an average what can one make in a month by mopping off such small profits?

Just a rough figure would do.

Nice to know you Mithesh. Good luck!

@MoneyBytes Thanks buddy! Wishing you good luck too… !

Let me know if i get this right. What you are saying may be either of the two

1. Are you saying that the price that is shown in your position window is the average of all the previous trades you have taken. If that is the case, there is no issue with it, coz end of the day, your profit of a particular security is the average of all trades you take of that particular security.

2. Are you saying, you give a sell price at 100, but lets say it gets executed at 99.50. If this is the case, choose an SL order (available on kite 3) and not a limit order.

1 Like