Weekly trading diary : November 2017 Week 4 : 20 Nov - 24 Nov

For New Traders
Stay away from news Driven stock.

It’s to early to enter in any position for New Traders.

Volumes are so high looks everything good you will punch the orders and Suddenly it will change its trend and the moment you will understand either it will trigger your Stop-loss or it will go far away from your imagination.

No, You did Nothing wrong.
All you wanted to move the stock as you thought.
But This never happen in this market.

Can u share what did u trade today so that we can see what went wrong. Even at times, its not your fault but nobody can control it.

Nothing went wrong with the stock… It was my weakness… Finding very hard to put a stop loss and exit with profits.

Hello let’s invest can the top losers and top gainers list help me in trading decision? At what time should I look at these?

Can u share todays trades? Its not about trading less or more. Its more about right entry.

Yes the more u trade, the more u r prone to risk but if u trade 10 times, risk remains same for everytime.

If u trade 10 times in 10 days or 10 times in 1 day, risk per trade is same brother. But yes overall risk may seem to reduce by reducing the total trades. U need to focus more on precise entry than limiting your trades.
Yes unnecessary trades are not required but you should also not let go good opportunities.

Share your todays trades with us. Lets see what went wrong.

1 Like

I also did the same mistake.

I also did the same mistake

I have advised many times not to trade stocks on the basis of results or news. Majority of time, you will lose.

Okay, You can make Your own stratergy.
Whatever you wanna do do it but…

1.Trade in small quantities for now.

2.Let the trend to set don’t be in hurry. Market Open 5 days per week you will get many opportunities. It’s not the end of the world.

3.Use Stoploss. (Not to tight Stop-loss)

4.Don’t Just Trade. Analysis your Trades.

We are equal miserables friend

Thanks for warning…

1 Like

I am very new to ‘stock’ trading
It’s been 2 weeks but Indian stocks are suckers…
They usually open with gaps
Giant list of stocks but very few have intraday liquidity
Market stays for only 6 hours, you can’t have neat grip on short term trend…
It’s been frustrating for me… Well, mcx or cds helps me to recover from those
tricky losses
I will still try to get some driving licence for these suckers… Or I will withdraw
(this is for intraday trading)

Keep Learning.

It’s not Just India The scenario is same for Worldwide when it’s come to Intraday. All Stocks are Money suckers If you lack skills.

Experience one know which one to Short and which one to buy. You will also learn it with time don’t worry.
Time heals Everything.

See, This is the difference You don’t have to trade all the 6 hours.
Experience one don’t Trade the same stock and they don’t keep the position open from 9:15 am to 3:20 pm.
Their Trades in single stock not last for more than half an hour or hour.
They just Book their Profits/Loss And move onn.

See, If you are Good in MCX & CDS then it is the segment which is for you.
Book your Profits in These segment.
Reduced the quantity in Equity.

1 Like

Yes. Me too face the same. Initially played with only EURINR and then booked loss with equity trading. With help of some seniors I stopped playing equities and just observed the trend and played with less quantity 30/20 ( not more than 5K in intraday ). Finally am able to trade in both CD & EQ. Now started futures.

I would suggest you play with less quantity for few days focus on top traded weekly stocks.

All the best…

1 Like

There is saying, kichad main hi kamal khilta hai
I must be looking for it

Your display pic is very inspirational n of ancient significance. How can great arjuna keep missing his targets!! Dude this is share markets. It would be easier to shoot a moving fish in its eye with an arrow but getting hold of markets is certainly more complicated than anything. If u want to survive long, you need to stay in the game.

Losses are part of the game. What matters is how you manage your losses.

If its still not working for u, take a break or find something more interesting like u discussed about currency or MCX.

But liquidity is a problem in currency , and currency options have far less liquidity. I quit trading currency 2 yrs back bcuz of liquidity but my success rate was above 80% in currencies but liquidity problem would not let u easily exit your positions. Especially in options

Today’s stock AJANTPHARM (NSE)

RELIANCE.

Further to our letter dated November 14, 2017 on the subject, we hereby inform you that on November 20, 2017, the Company successfully priced 10 year fixed rate senior unsecured notes for an aggregate amount of US$ 800 million in a transaction not subject to, or exempt from, the registration requirements under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the ‘US Securities Act’) (the ‘Issue’). The Company will use the proceeds of the Issue to redeem …

Exited my trade in L&TFH futures , shorted 2 lots @ 183.8 & bought back at 183.4

Not really a good trade, I could have exited at 182 but this stock kept dancing & moreover markets are not supportive today as of now, I mean markets have been up in green until now.
This stock may test 180 levels today but I m out early.

P.S. I was expecting a minimum of 4 - 5 rs. profit. but could only make 40 paise !! :smile:

Yesterday small position doing well.