What are the legal requirements to set up a proprietory trading firm in India?

There are many proprietory firms being set up in India. There is very little information on how this firms are setup. What are the legal requirements. How these firms raise Capital? How can one invest in an HFT like tower research or Graviton research LLC. Can someone please help me out here?

Hi @Thomas_Stanly

Here are some of the links where @nithin and other members from team Zerodha participated in tradingQ&A discussions around the topic of getting a license and also related to prop trading.

NSE Alpha membership

1. NSE Alpha Membership - #2 by nithin

2. If I want to take NSE Alpha membership, what are the day to day compliance to be followed

3. NSE & BSE Membership

4. How much money required to start a new brokerage company? How one can start a brokerage company?

Prop trading and other questions surrounding brokers

1. Prop Trading Firms

2. Proprietary investing and trading by RIA/RA

3. Trading F&O via LLC or Pvt Ltd

4. Where do high big rich HNI like e.g. rakesh jhunjunwala ; and F.i.i ; and D.i.i. etc . Open trading and demat accounts for tradings?

5. Need help in creating the robust web trading platform for retail people. - #6 by nithin

6. Can brokers do Intraday trading in equity in cash segment?

7. Trading with other people’s money

Please go through the above links and if your question remained unanswered, share it here so that it can also help others. :slight_smile:

6 Likes