What happens to my MF investments on mf.zerodha.com?

I had lumpsum and SIP running on mf.zerodha.com, the earlier portal which was selling regular mutual fund plans. So my questions

1. Does mf.zerodha.com, still exist?

2. What will happen to my existing investment in regular plan of a particular scheme? Can I shift it to a direct plan of the same scheme?

3. What will happen to my existing SIPs in the regular plans?

4. Is the subscription fee of Rs 50 applicable on my existing investments in regular plans?

1 Like

Coin is a direct mutual fund platform, which is a much better option for retail investors. We are hence deprecating the old mf.zerodha.com. Few clients still wanted us to keep an option to be able to invest in regular plans, we are hence still keeping this link alive, where you can see and invest into all the regular plans. Btw, check this on why coin.

Your existing investments will remain as regular and you will be able to see them on the coin dashboard.

To shift, you will have to first exit your regular plan and repurchase the direct plan. All new lumpsum investments that you make will happen under the direct mode on coin.

They will continue to remain the same way. New SIP’s will continue to go under regular plan. If you want to switch to direct, you will have to stop the SIP under regular plan and restart under direct.

No. You can continue to hold regular plans and/or buy a new regular plan without paying any subscription fees for the coin platform (which is Rs 50/month). The fees will be applicable only after you buy Rs 25000 worth of direct mutual funds on coin.

1 Like

Hey Nithin, I have invested in ELSS funds (there is a 3-year lock-in right?). How can I exit them and re-purchase direct plans?

You can’t, you will have to wait for 3 years and then exit them.

Hi, If i will exit my regular plan now i have to pay taxes then as 1 year not complete. Any mechanism to convert all my units from regular to direct.??

Right now you can do so but you have login directly to the fund mgmt house.There you will find the switch option.This is screenshot from TATA MF upon clicking the switch button.I had invested in this MF using COIN.

Can anyone reply from Zerodha team on same???

How can I buy new regular plan funds? Searching for a fund only returns the Direct fund suggestions and not Regular funds.

Hi, if there is a new regular scheme available for purchase then the corresponding direct would also be available on COIN. I guess you might be asking for the new fund launched by Axis which is the Axis Dynamic Equity Fund, whose NFO was closed on 25th July. It will be listed on 1st August.

But, if you are interested in other regular plans then you could click on the link as shown in the screenshot below, press CTRL + F and search for the fund name.

I think the switch is not possible. Because when i tried switching the units i got error message saying - These MF purchase has been done through Demat mode hence cannot be switched or accessed from AMC website in portfolio mode.

Please suggest if any other ways apart from exiting the existing Regular investments.