What is going on in the stock market in today's time, nothing is understood, can anyone tell

Are you asking him to know, or are you asking him because you know?

I had read in the forum about something like that. I dont know anything about options, so might be very wrong on this one. From what i read the example was as follows: ( the following values are only for example)
if nifty is at 18100
buy one lot nifty call 18000 at 120
sell two lots nifty call 18100 at 80
buy one lot nifty call 18200 at 20
-120x50+80x100-20x50=1000
something like this.

I dont know this is not mine. I read somewhere on this forum i dont know which thread, the example was given by Sir Jason Castelino.

Not possible. Please quote the text from that post. There is no arbitrage possible for retailers.

I do arbitrage trades all the time. I punch orders manually and the opportunity is there always.

i will show an example. The open price of 43000 ce is lower than the open price of 43100 ce

buy 43000ce and sell 43100ce till the arbitrage ends and then wait for price to normalize and then exit. To capture this you need speed or use algo

[quote=“Gnome, post:403, topic:138998”]
buy one lot nifty call 18000 at 120
sell two lots nifty call 18100 at 80
buy one lot nifty call 18200 at 20
[/quote] position wise arbitrage chances are less.

2 Likes

I mentioned that you have said it is impossible to find such things. I just gave a similar example to what you had given in that thread. It will be difficult for me to go back and search all the threads to find that post.

This one. Slight different strike price than i mentioned.

1 Like

Okay. I had understood your post wrongly. Apologies.
May not be impossible. But it’s very difficult. Considering the transaction cost, slippages and effort.

With algo it might be possible. When I said retailers can’t explore the possibility I was mainly referring to doing it manually.

Here I was just giving a theoretical strategy of how it can be done. And I also mentioned how it can’t be employed by retailer. Remember there is margin requirement as well.

Anyways. As I always say there is a very good possibility that I can be wrong and may be there are retailers who explore such possibilities.

Do you use algo? How to do that in our markets? Is that algo software, the image that you have posted?
I tried searching in google most results are from foreign markets and some sites are sketchy providing such information. So asked.

A small bit of advice even though I don’t know completely.

First learn to do it manually on a small scale, 1 lot. Once you know what happens, once you gain experience, you can take the help of code. Code in itself is nothing, it is meant for something, a purpose, for that purpose, to get a particular outcome, we will use code, as the thing consists of finance+technology.

1 Like

i do manually

nest trader terminal from kotak

its hard to these type of trades on google chrome

1 Like

Today in pre-market session nifty 50 has touched 19000 level but how ?

@Jason_Castelino @GB26 @Gnome @viswaram @SpacemanSpiff

1 Like

Yahan pe iske bare mein information hai
https://www.nseindia.com/products-services/equity-market-pre-open
mein bhi abhi padh raha hoon pre market ke bare mein.

Ye to read kr liye hai lekin smjh me nhi aaya ki aaj pre market session me 19000 touch kyu kiya

This is not arbitrage. This is an actual option strategy,

2 Likes

No idea. Not sure how premarket movements have relevance.

No idea.

That value may be is not considered because that is pre market time and is not trading time. So even if touches technically, it is not taken into account and an adjustment happens, just like adjustments happen after 3.30 PM, so it did not happen, Nifty did not touch 19000.

The returns from Nifty BeEs are similar to those earned from S&P CNX Nifty.

Here, What is S&P CNX Nifty ?
@GB26 @SpacemanSpiff @Jason_Castelino @jashjacob @VijayNair @viswaram

Because Niftybees is an ETF tracking Nifty, and S&P CNX Nifty is Nifty. S&P is a credit rating agency from US, NSE had agreement with them, CNX means Crisil NSE indices. Crisil is also a rating agency.

Others can chip in :face_in_clouds:

1 Like

You can google stuff like this. Nifty 50 is Index. Google it. CNX i think has been removed from name. Atleast was removed from the NSE symbols of many indices.

Index is not a traded instrument. Mutual funds try to mimic the index and they have to deal with the reality of real world transactions. But they give similar returns minus expense. Niftybees is popular ETF for this.

With the market technicals also work on the market psychology.
It will help you.
Altering your own psychology will take time but be patient, with time you will adapt the necessary psychological changes.

1 Like