What is going on in the stock market in today's time, nothing is understood, can anyone tell

Selecting a bunch of stocks previous day, then how the stock opens determines which i will trade. I have 25-30 stocks in my watchlist, i only look at them.

I am sure MRF is not in your list :grin:

Who take trades in SGX Nifty? Can SGX Nifty really predict Nifty 50? @GB26 @SpacemanSpiff @jashjacob @Jason_Castelino @VijayNair

What a move after 3 pm. expiry day dhamaka 18400 call has become a mountain. Mind blown into pieces.

What would be the best way to manage if i had short 18400 call and the move like today’s happened at almost eod?

Stop hit, cover and move on.

It is a Singapore exchange, where Nifty stocks cannot be traded but Nifty futures can be traded, institutions and individuals trade here.

Read this.

1 Like

I came here just to read this. :rofl::rofl:

Ask and you shall be given, come and you shall read :grin:

If it wasnt expiry day would you make any adjustments like selling put options or something else. or is stop loss the best way?

I also seen, my mind also blown in last time @Gnome :wink::sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Jason_Castelino See his mind also blown. Lots of mind blown today.

Market make a new high suddenly

Close at new high. All time high is 18604.45

I think, no one thinks that market make new high

Can you elaborate what you expect from options arbitrage with an example?

Are you asking him to know, or are you asking him because you know?

I had read in the forum about something like that. I dont know anything about options, so might be very wrong on this one. From what i read the example was as follows: ( the following values are only for example)
if nifty is at 18100
buy one lot nifty call 18000 at 120
sell two lots nifty call 18100 at 80
buy one lot nifty call 18200 at 20
-120x50+80x100-20x50=1000
something like this.

I dont know this is not mine. I read somewhere on this forum i dont know which thread, the example was given by Sir Jason Castelino.

Not possible. Please quote the text from that post. There is no arbitrage possible for retailers.

I do arbitrage trades all the time. I punch orders manually and the opportunity is there always.

i will show an example. The open price of 43000 ce is lower than the open price of 43100 ce

buy 43000ce and sell 43100ce till the arbitrage ends and then wait for price to normalize and then exit. To capture this you need speed or use algo

[quote=“Gnome, post:403, topic:138998”]
buy one lot nifty call 18000 at 120
sell two lots nifty call 18100 at 80
buy one lot nifty call 18200 at 20
[/quote] position wise arbitrage chances are less.

2 Likes