What is "insufficient volume" while paper trading?

I am new and trying my hand at paper trading at moneybhai. I had an intraday order placed to sell the stock I was holding at 1154.65 which I had bought at 1153.10 total quantity of 1000. Even when the price had reached 1155 my sell order was not triggered and showed “insufficient volume” What does this actually mean?

Insufficient Volume means there are not enough buyers/sellers available. Such types of stocks are called illiquid stocks. MoneyBhai is trying to tell you that if you had placed this order in the live market, it won’t be executed quickly at the preferred price due to illiquidity.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply mac76. I was using kite to track the graph in the live market and saw that the stocks were traded in the number of hundered but I was selling in thousands so that clears my query. :slight_smile:

Just one thing If I have 1000 to sell at x price and someone wants to buy 200 at x price those 200 will still be sold from my 1000 right?

Not always! Remember there may be other people who are also selling at X price. It works in FIFO. Suppose there are 300 quantity for selling at X and you placed 100 quantity at the same price. Those 300 will be filled first and then your turn will come.

1 Like

Thanks again mac76 :smiley:

1 Like