What is rupee averaging?

HELLO ,
CONGRATULATIONS ! FOR YOUR AWARDS ,I AM NEW TRADER AND AN A CUSTOMER OF YOURS, I HAVE QUESTION ,BASICALLY I AM INTRADAY TRADER,COULD YOU TELL ME WHAT IS A RUPEE COST AVERAGING ,WILL WORK WITH OPTIONS PREMIUM FOR INTRADAY ,COULD YOU ELABORATE ME AN EXAMPLE ON A INTRADAY DAY OPTIONS TRADE.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT !

Rupee Cost Averaging means investing a constant amount of money at regular intervals resulting in averaging of cost of acquisition. For instance, if you are positive on Tata Motors and decide to buy shares worth rs.10,000 every month on 1st of every month. Then every month on 1st, money will be debited from your account and the shares of Tata Motors will accumulated to your portfolio at different prices. If you do this for 12 months, at the end of 12 months, suppose you are having  500 shares in your account, the average price of 500 shares i.e 120,000/500 = 240 will be your buying cost. 

But you can't start this process in Options as they have expiry and the premium gets reduced as the Options comes close to the expiry.

3 Likes

Please search the tradingqna forum with keyword ‘option’.