What is Sentinel?

Sentinel is giving false alerts. Last week it triggered my Nifty alert between 7AM - 8 AM when market was not even open. Today it gave false alert at a price that Nifty Index didn’t come even close today. Unless the bugs are fixed no point in using it.

Can you create ticket here and message me ticket number, will get it checked.

Ticket number #20200413367965. Created today afternoon. Got couple of replies. I have sent my responses as am not convinced with the answers I got.

Hi. You are right. Last month I lost money in trading. Please help.

Today also gave false alert for nifty spot which I set to test at 8000 around 9.07 AM. We know Nifty was near 9000. I think there is a bug here to be fixed.

@siva sentinel issue is still not fixed. Now after whatever changes you guys did at your end, am unable to set alerts. Attached pic showing error when I tried before market open today.

Around what time you tried?

Around 8.45 AM if I recall correctly

Hi @siva The sentinel problem has not been fixed yet. Pls look into it.

What issue you are facing now?

Hi @siva, The issue is false triggering of sentinel alerts for nifty which I noted and reported earlier. My support ticket on this issues is still open - #20200413367965

@siva will this be fixed ?

@siva false triggering is now fixed. But I am able to set alerts after market opens only at the levels I want. My sense is that positional traders would want to switch positions if there is gap up or gap down against their position at market open. To facilitate that one should be able to set alerts before market open.

Ticket # #20200413367965

Getting this checked.

Thanks @siva

Today I was not able to place trigger at 8.30 AM. Yesterday my trigger that I created a 9.10 AM didn’t execute. Sentinel to me is not working properly. I first noticed the issue on April 13 and then we have been going on back and forth with these issues over ticket - #20200413367965.

Will get it checked.

Thanks, Siva.

I would say, yes it is Sentinel is redundant if one has already paid for Streak.

@t7support could/did you get the issue resolved? how is it working for you? can it work reliably at least 95% of the time (in your experience with it so far)?

@siva May be its not working if the sentinel upgrade/development relegated (it could be the case since its free)

@siva: is it possible to create options basket and execute with conditions in streak like that of linked basket in sentinel?
@kvinayaks: have you used options basket creation and execution from streak?