What is the market wide position limit (MWPL) in Stock lending and borrowing platform (SLB)?

I want to start participating in the SLB platform, are there any position limits?

Market Wide Position Limits for SLBS transactions: 
Market Wide Position Limits for SLBS transactions shall be 10% of the free-float capital of the company in terms of number of shares i.e. 10% of the number of shares held by non-promoters in the relevant security. NSCCL shall specify the market wide position limits on the last working day of the month which shall be reckoned for this purpose during the next month. The market wide position limit shall be monitored on the combined position across exchanges. Violation of such limits shall attract action as specified by NSCCL from time to time. 

Participant wise Position Limits for SLBS transactions: 
The Participant position limits in a security shall be lower of: 
- 10% of the market-wide position limits (in terms of number of shares) 
OR 
- Rs. 50 crores 
NSCCL shall specify the Participant wise position limits on the last working day of the month which shall be reckoned for this purpose during the next month. Violation of such limits shall attract action as specified NSCCL from time to time. 

Position Limits For Institutional Investor for SLBS transactions: 
The position limit applicable for Institutional Investor in a security is same as of a Participant i.e. lower of 10% of the market-wide position limits or Rs. 50 crore. 
Following are defined as Institutional investor: 
i. Foreign Institutional Investors registered with SEBI. 
ii. Mutual Funds registered with SEBI. 
iii. Public Financial Institutions as defined under Section 4A of the Companies Act, 1956. 
iv. Banks, i.e., a banking company as defined under Section 5(1) (c) of the Banking Regulations Act, 1949. 
v. Insurance companies registered with IRDA. 
vi. Pension Funds regulated by Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA). 

Client Level Position Limits 
The client level position limits for a security for each specific client shall not be more than 1% of the market-wide position limits. NSCCL shall specify the client wise position limits on the last working day of the month which shall be reckoned for this purpose during the next month. 

2 Likes