What's the importance of moving average in your trading?

No, i tried that indicator now and it is amazing, concocted the 2 groups of EMA’s, it really helps to know price movement through different angle! Thanks :blush:.

As there are loopholes in MA’s, i will try to acquire more and more perfection on other indicators and things to get my trading decision right more times and clear the price picture! Thanks😇

1 Like

Will need some time to process :upside_down_face::innocent:

1 Like

As you said, i trade when the price cross near support/resistance with retest or with 1-2 candle when it is in favor with MA’s, but that too is not successful every time, but i keep my stoploss that small that what i gain makes me profitable and forgive my stoplosses. But yas, i need to improve it a lot!

Taking trade when support/resistance breaches may look a simple thing well :grinning:.

The 2 indicators that you have mentioned is seems impresive to me :+1:, well, I mainly used MA’s, so yas, I’m saying with little experience. But last one is little difficult for me to apply what you are saying on it.

Well you are saying that don’t take trade with haikin ashi, but i don’t know loopholes with which you are saying but i think it can help in trade confirmation too!

Till now, I’m using 20EMA for trailing, sometimes, it gives impressive gains, sometimes, i thrown away in mid of trend by it :grinning:. But one thing is sure, which i seen is i end with profit if i entered into trend​:innocent:. But entering into trend what i miss sometime or judge wrongly​:frowning::frowning:

Did you check Supertrend indicator, which I think can also be used for trailing stop loss.

1 Like

Not, applied that in my chart now :grinning:, but it also working great, correct me if I’m wrong, one cannot take trade but most of the times, it can help capture the full rally. Do you using it for your analysis?

Just have one indicator test it individually , note down win and loss in excelsheet. Note down the winrate. Next change settings test find wind rate. Do it for for many indicators then choose the one with highest Winrate. It doesn’t matter how terrible winrate is among them even it is 40 or 38%. This is your nuclear indicator , put it in your pocket don’t share it. It keeps you away from Crowd.

Next put a secondary indicator and see how many losses are negated. Even if number of trades with wins are less , see how many losses are reduced

Then put a secondary indicator and see how

Then put the baseline and see how much losses are eliminated .

Optional:- use a volume indicator, I don’t mostly use this as nifty , crude oil always has volume. Don’t know about your stocks.

1. Primary conf
  2. Secondary conf
  3. Baseline (not needed if you prefer going reverse, I still use)
  4. Volume(optional is volume is there
  5. Exit indicator

Well if you are interested in pure technical analysis with MM, trading psychology, google no nonsense forex. They have a discord and give you a structure. It’s the best. I tested so many systems none of them worked on paper and was always breaking even. Just using their algo structure changed my account and actually saw some gains. NNFX is a lot to take in , it takes a while unlearning some stuff especially they hate price action altogether. I probably recommend you seeing there. That guy Patrick from Las Vegas and many of the people in the nnfx discord channel work for prop firms and they give prop firm standards which you can apply to your trading account and be very sure you won’t blow your account to 0, if you held them.

1 Like

Supertrend is for following the trend, although sometimes I found it to be late, and it did not match my delivery trades, so I am not using it. But it can be used for trailing SL, so mentioned it.

Like I said, we need to find those few indicators, which suit our trading style and strategies, which give us different information, using which we can come to a reasonable conclusion to take a trade or not. Find what serve our purpose.

A small :dog: is enough for my small home, but Himanshu may need a :lion: to protect his mansion

I don’t know if all the indicators that work for delivery trades can be used for day trading. For example, I don’t remember seeing VWAP for delivery trades, but people use it for intraday.

1 Like

I tested price action thoroughly it works but better to avoid altogether.

1. The vast majority use them, it’s the simplest method, if you have traders using same tools they all head into one direction and pretty much whales , bears, bulls, volved & every other big institutions & big banks will react adversely in most cases. You don’t want to be part with them as tempting as it may sound, better avoid killzone. Just having your own algo and not using same tools and being a ghost with MM is enough and better.

2. It’s way confusing. It’s not straightforward as indicators. Support turns resistance, resistance turns support, support turns into rebound. I still ask myself just how do people even trade properly. Nothing seems solid.

I am saying don’t use heikin ashi for entries. It works terribly for entries. I myself tested with so many indicators. It works best only with exit.

So after you entered position in normal chart with your system and after price moves little in your direction and scale out half of your position and then change the chart to heikin ashi and ride the trend till candle turns color.

After you made entry in normal chart, change the chart to 1 min, and change it to renko with block size ATR. Then add a MA with setting 3 period & 3 offset.

The renko system is what I am working on currently. There are lot of things here and I wouldn’t recommend you trading with renko charts, too many things to learn and you may confuse. Just use it for exit as I mentioned above.

1 Like

Forgot to say you, you are a beginner! Before algos maybe play with ichimoku kinko kyu, that works best too. Here

1 Like

The thing about exit Indicators or about any exit indicators is you cannot catch the exact bottom of a trend. Reality is not catching exact bottom. My suggestion to you is test with many exit indicators calculate the return i.e which brought you most pips and consistent and use that. The thing you are trying to do here is you can’t exit at exact bottom but you are trying to say very near it.

Use this risk structure.

1 Like

Well, that’s an excellent way you have suggested to build own trading system. I will follow the required steps :blush:

That’s truly said, and i too think kind of your way. Where majority lies, it gives average possibilities. Trading is like a sea exploring few pearls :star2:. Will definitely go for that pearl :innocent:.

I want to build my trading system, till now, mostly having experience with MA’s only, but will definately orient and will open to other indicators and ways :blush:

That’s impressive! You r really solving puzzels the way like wizards!!! :star2::innocent::crown:

You got it! It’s right, we can’t catch the bottom of pit, will try to go as near as possible!

Besides all, thanks from my bottom of :heartbeat: for your precious guidance!!:+1::+1::blush:

But be ready to take doubts too cause i will confuse you too by my own doubts in between learning :grin:

By the way, do you find yourself profitable trader which you have expected till now?

In previous posts, you have mentioned you have started doing intraday options too, so you still continue it or find yourself a profitable trader in delivery trading’s? Which one you prefer most?

I did 1 trade in options, just 1, started learning and yet to trade another trade. On the face of it, it looks deep and complex, so obviously delivery trading is easy for me, as I have some experience with investing, I can put that experience to use while trading. I am trading seriously only for a few months, I have had both hits and misses, and I am getting better little by little. Don’t have any knowledge to make any statement about FnO as it is the toughest nut I have come across in the market.

Equity trading :partying_face:

FnO :scream:

1 Like

That’s the roadmap of coming into intraday options, but investing too is nothing less! You have more experience of market momentum in long terms, a different perspective, great!

Understanding renko chart easy , but still yet creating an algo trade using renko. That’s how I am able to give you exit indicator. Also that exit indicator I didn’t find, I tested many , plenty of indicator testers are there in discord like me, I compared results and found some good ones which is what I gave you.

Plenty of indicators are there, just find the ones usable in tradingview, wish Mt4 was offered by zerodha. You can ask questions to them.

Answered already

But , I am currently testing renko system, going to go live in about 3 months after forwards testing with a sample size real money of 2 lots and see if I can get a 10% return minimum.

Investing is relatively easy. There is no rush, you can read for days and days and then slowly build a position, and depending on the results, increase or decrease position, observe the price, volume, gather information, read reports, listen to conference calls, etc etc. And all of this exercise will help with the next investment. This knowledge compounds.

Trading does not have all of the above because there is a constraint on both time and returns, SL has to be there in trading, not all investments need SL. So trading is quick.

Intraday as you know is like writing an exam, you are in auto, yet to enter the exam hall, but exam has already started :grin:

FnO, as I have not the slightest idea looks like alien language mixed with physics and chemistry :scream:

1 Like

This one you have find is most accurate indicator i have seen maybe, i do follow ema previously, they too gave me good returns and helped capturing whole rally too sometimes, but this one,i think is working fine in most of cases. It is really hard to enquire great tactics, and helped me a lot too for which, I’m really thankful to you😊. The aim with you are working to convert your system into algo is what will be the next difficult task i think.

The way you are testing, i think it will remain solid to most of the market conditions, as you said we can’t reach the top of trend everytime, like this, there will still be few loopholes, but if it is a profitable one, then the pizzel is solved more or less :blush::upside_down_face: :+1::+1:

Very true :grin:, I’m like, shaking hands whareever possible to find somthing valuable and useful, whether it is investing or trading, i just want to earn a skill :grin:. Well, we all find our lovely zone with time :innocent:

Yes, it is the heart that makes us learn. If we really want to learn, we will make time.

Himanshu not in the mood to go out and play, friend waking him up.

Friend - Get up dude, we have a match with college X.

Himanshu - No, I am too tired, I cannot play.

Friend - What did you do today to get tired?

Himanshu - I rearranged some furniture

Friend - But you have only your computer, chair and bed in your room?

Himanshu - Yes, I have arranged them and now I am tired.

Friend - Have some milk, you will get some energy.

Himanshu - No, I am too tired. Milk will not help me. Leave me and go.

Friend - I am thinking of having a

Himanshu - I don’t think I am tired anymore. I want to play.

:grin:

:grin::grin: you have really amazing narrative :ok_hand::ok_hand::blush::clap::clap:. And yes, i can get tired by rearranging computer :grin::grin:.

1 Like