When we buy any mutual fund (e.g. Axis Bluechip), it gets stored in Demat account?

When we buy any mutual fund (e.g. Axis Bluechip), it gets stored in Demat account? Is there any option to not use demat account when we buy any non ETF funds?

With Coin, all MF units will be stored in DEMAT form in your DEMAT account.
If you don’t want to have it in DEMAT form then probably you have to look at non-DEMAT folio based app’s like groww, kuvera

Yes, all mutual funds that you purchase on Coin are credited to your Demat account.

This will not be possible if you’re investing through Coin. Btw, may I know the reason for not using the Demat account for MF investments? In Demat account, all your investments (stocks, bonds, mutual funds) are in one place and it’s easier to keep track.

@ShubhS9

I don’t see much benefit in going with demat account. With demat account, we can’t generate physical statement from anywhere. Also, I need to pay DP changes then why to go with demat investment?

Also, with demat I can only invest in regular funds and not direct funds right?

In COIN, all are direct funds only. With DEMAT, you can get CDSL consolidated statement. You can also view the details in CDSL EASIEST LOGIN.

But you can’t do any transaction outside of COIN. I mean you cant do transactions using MFCentral, CAMS, KARVY or with AMC’s. You have to rely on DP (Zerodha) for all the transactions

Right. There is a dependency and extra charges which I want to avoid.

If you want to get rid of this dependency. Better go with Kuvera. Even i have my SIP’s running in Kuvera and i can track/transact on the same at MFCentral and AMC websites too

Thanks. Yes, I am using kuvera only

You can generate holdings statement on Console as well as on CDSL website.

DP charges are not applicable for redeeming mutual fund units.

On Coin, we offer only Direct Plans not Regular.

DP charges are not applicable for redeeming mutual fund units.
Are you sure? You might not be charging but the depositories would right for storing it right?