Where can get all historcal FnO lot sizes with dates when LOT sizes changed?

Where can get all historcal FnO lot sizes with dates when LOT sizes changed ?

You can’t. Period. Learn to save while it’s there.

I found a mathematical way…

By playing with GCD (ie. HCF) of OI and closing price variation, I could find the lot size.

Here is the link to the excel sheet (taken as a example of TCS bonus share). I have not tested with other scrips.

lot

Good Luck.

There does not look like to be an easy solution for this. One will have to go through the NSE Circulars Section and collect all the circulars related to the Lot Size Change and then save that data into some excel sheet etc. for future reference.

If someone is aware of easier solution to find such information, then please share.
@recursion1059, @tarakesh

Thanks and best regards

Maybe some of these experienced users might please comment on this - @nithin, @Sensibull @VelmuruganSengottai, @Newbie420, @RSOptions, @MohammedFaisal, @Umar, @iSTFF

If someone has saved such lot size change information previously, then please share.

Thanks and Best Regards

The current Lot Size information can be found from this link of NSE -
www.nseindia.com/content/fo/fo_mktlots.csv

But how to find the Lot Size CHANGE information over the past year or two ?

Best Regards

@4autotrading

I’ve been looking for a solution for this to backtest the covered call strategy, and I think I’ve found a workaround. I might be wrong, so please correct me if I am.

Here’s what I did:

Go to the NSE website: https://www1.nseindia.com/products/content/derivatives/equities/historical_fo.htm

Choose, Stock Options, Reliance, choose the year as 2012, select the January expiry, select option type as CE, leave the strike price blank, and keep the start date and end date constant - 2nd Jan, 2012.

You get the historical data. Now look at the OI and Change in OI columns and browse through it.
Look for the lowest figure in these two columns. Here, it is 250.

If you observe carefully, all the numbers in the OI column and the change in OI column are in multiples of 250.
This means the lot size of Reliance in Jan 2012 must have been 250.

If you similarly do the same for Jan 2016 expiry, and select start and end dates as 4th Jan, 2016, you’ll see the lowest number in the OI and Change in OI column is 500. And all the numbers here are in multiples of 500.

So in Jan 2016, the lot size of Reliance must have been 500.

I compared it with current lot sizes. Checked NAUKRI for the June 2021 expiry and chose the date as 2nd June, 2021. The lowest number in the OI column is 250. However, if you browse through the column, you will realise that the numbers are NOT in multiples of 250, but in multiples of 125. To verify this, you can change the date to 3rd June, 2021 - and you’ll now spot the lowest number in the OI / change in OI column as 125.

So you derive that the lot size of NAUKRI currently is 125.
And this happens to be correct.

Hope this helps.

Thanks @rahul30

https://www.nseindia.com/resources/exchange-communication-circulars
check the link above, select Media center option on the left, then set the date range
Then type the keywords such as revision. you will find all the circulars related to changes in lot sizes for index as well as stocks.
Hope it helps.