Which ITR is applicable if I have capital gain from foreign stocks capital gain?

Suppose I have salary income and long-term and short-term capital gain from Indian stocks as well as US stocks, which ITR is applicable in this case?

As per my understanding, it will be ITR2 only even if the investment in the case of foreign stock capital gain


@Quicko are busy with ITR filing, I guess. Haven’t seen them respond here lately. They not even answering mails.

Can i offset my trading loss with the income received through profit sharing , advisory , commission
Recived from my clients in their trading demat accounts?

@Quicko Pent Up Demand is on the up. Your presence is being awaited. Let’s help them out ? :slight_smile:

Hi @Jack_R, in case you have any sort of Capital Gains, ITR-2 will be applicable.

Hey @Vensa and @Sahil_Pandey , tax filing season is upon us and ruined our new year plans (since the due date is 31 December) :sob:
Here to help now. :blush:

1 Like

Hi @HSL, you can set off speculative losses against both non speculative and speculative incomes and non speculative losses can be set off only against non speculative incomes. You can read more about how to setoff losses in the following article.