Which stocks are more suitable for intraday (cash) trading - F&O stocks or Non-F&O Stocks?

Has anyone had any experience or data that could better help understand if there is an edge in trading (intraday cash) F&O stocks only or vice versa? The reason I am asking this is twofold as mentioned below and both are my assumptions. Please feel free to correct.

1. I might be wrong but F&O stocks usually attract more traders hence volumes and liquidity is better. Bigger traders/funds/institutions possibly prefer them over non-F&O stocks due to higher liquidity, However due to same reason, they are potentially more prone of manipulation which might make it harder to make money. I have no data to prove but I feel that non-F&O stocks could potentially follow TA better due to this hence higher probability to make money?

2. When trading F&S stocks, we get one additional data point (OI) along with technical analysis which logically makes more sense to trade F&O as intraday trading is essentially a probability game and the higher one can tilt the probability in his/her favor, the better.

There might be other reasons to consider. I understand intraday stocks require good liquidity, higher beta and other criterion. My intention here is just to understand the F&O aspect and see if there are any good reasons for trading (intraday) F&O stocks over non-F&O stocks and vice versa.

Would be great if the community can throw more insight on this based on their experiences.

3 Likes

With stocks in cash segment or stock F&O there is always some one with more knowledge about the stock than you. Its very easy to get played in a game orchestrated by some one else.

Technical analysis strives to decipher patterns that tend to repeat itself in future. TA alone shouldn’t differentiate between stocks or f&o or crypto or some other asset.

I keep away from stocks and trade only with Nifty Options. Infact, index F&O contributes more than 90% of all F&O trading volumes.

2 Likes