Which tax is applicable in case if I give share delivery

If I am unable to close my short CE position, then I need to give the delivery. Say suppose I have the required number of shares in my holdings and I give the delivery, which tax will be applicable for my gain/loss? Short term Capital gain/loss or FnO gain/loss?

Hello @Jack_R,

In this case, Short term Capital gain/ loss will be applicable and the option premium paid by you will be treated as a transfer expense.

Hope this helps!

1 Like


1 Like