Which was the first share you bought, and how did it worked out for you?

I’ll go first, DHFL😅. A disaster.

1 Like

Biocon did wonders. But did buy DHFL years later and booked my lose :joy: :grinning:

1 Like

Bharati Airtel at 753, still stuck in my portfolio.

2 Likes

Gvkpl. Delisted.

3 Likes

Idea Cellular
Exited at 89% Capital Erosion

3 Likes

My first investment was sbin @2295 and asian paints @632 in 2014 both give profit.

3 Likes

In 2015, I entered markets for the first time. Opened account with HDFC securities and bought Hexaware in cash on seeing a reco in moneycontrol. Price 275, Qty 1. I bought only 1 share because the purpose was to know how to buy and sell stocks online as it was my very first transaction. Sold it at 278 and I was very happy that I made a profit of ₹ 3 on my first deal.
I did not know at that time that HDFC had a minimum brokerage of ₹ 25. Came to know about it next day when I saw contract note and dialed up their customer care.
Now you can imagine what would have been my feeling at that time.

2 Likes

Idea IPO.
Booked good profit in listing day.

2 Likes

This question really took me back in a memory lane. Back in 2011 I just completed my 10th exam and was on holidays , 2 months more to 11th starting, my neighbor trading uncle introduced me to a local broker with an offer of opening demat account with no AMC, no terminals tons of papers, booklet & forms, phone calls and sitting in their office and looking at their black fast moving screens , they are called dealing desk, I don’t know if dealing desk still exists today. I had 0 knowledge about stock or anything and there were many insanely old retired people all looking at the computer. My mom persuaded me to trade in stock market, gave 4k capital because my neighbor uncle made crores overnight(not joking for real) I had no idea about margin, open , high and close. All there was in a room a black screen with fast moving numbers which later I came to know is that it was ticker tape, (IMO, I thought stock market and investors are kind of some secret cult or at least looks like it and thought I am being inducted in it). Since I was newbie that guy told buy any big company stock. So the very first stock I bought was ICICI share for 4000 rs got 13 units. 3 weeks later found price went higher than when i bought(frankly never even calculated price) but I made a profit of 368 rs. Next I bought PNB share around 200rs 24 units and then poof price kept going down and down again. My school started another 2 years academic madness(11th and 12th) then followed by college engg madness that I barely even looked at stock market side. I am holding that 24 units till this day and for so many years they keep sending me booklet yearly reports & earnings ,shareholders invite and voting.

Frankly never looked trading side till 3rd year of my college where bitcoin & forex reignited to take initiative in trading but then was busy with placements and then to job and looking at inflation, I started learning things the proper way. Frankly I have been investing so far than trading.

1 Like