Why Bharthi Airtel is going Down despite of +ve News?

Last week Airtel finishes a deal along with UK government to buy a bankrupt satellite company (One Web) to provide better VSat and Broadband services.

Nokia on Monday announced that its CloudBand-based software products are powering Bharti Airtel’s Voice over LTE (VoLTE) network in India. The network supports over 110 million customers, making it the largest cloud-based VoLTE network in India and the largest Nokia-run VoLTE in the world.

That above two news should shot airtel to 600 points. But, why it is declining and what are resistance points?

You’re trying to assign a value to the stock price of Bhartiartl using the stories you’ve found. This is not a bad place to start. But, perhaps you should also try to quantify this story in terms of the monetary effect it will have on the company.

This might take a lot of time since you will have to first understand the financials of the company as they stand today… and then quantify the incremental data you’ve gathered. Once you’re done, this exercise could help you evaluate news points in a much better way.

Other things you may need to consider: the state of the economy, the state of the industry your company operates in, the effect of money supply on the capital markets, etc.

Also, even though it is tangential, you could check out this blogpost on Zconnect on trading psychology.

2 Likes

Exit your position, it will automatically start coming up. :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you Mohit!!

I will take into consideration. After reading your post, i got to think two more when i am trying to quantify the deal.

Airtel is going to spend 500$ Million in OneWeb and 1 Bln.Dollors for nokia siemens. Consider their Q1 results of 5000+ cr. of loss, it would be pretty much difficult to gather the funds.

It might effect it’s index.