Why BRACKET order executes in different order and making multiple brokerages. Can't we do it single shot as cover order

@dheeraj @siva

icicidirect tracks entire order with a ref. Trade ref may vary but partly executed pieces will have same order ref. As long as we dont modify our original qty or limit price the in progress partly executed order , it will be charged same one time brokerage irrespective of how many batches it has. Eventually partly executed order become fully executed or remain part in EOD.

But idirect collects flat rs 25 per leg until value of buy Rs 50k . More than this, 0.05 perc brokerage

1 Like

We are talking about different legs here, if one order is traded multiple times then we also charge same 20. In BO main leg only multiple trades result in different legs.

1 Like

@siva Well then it makes Bracket order practically useless, what will be the use of such facility. Can you please suggest some efficient ways to use it without resulting in multiple orders

emm… You can use CO in that case, may be few others will continue to use BO.

1 Like

With me the thing is that I have always been using only the rounded bracket orders and have never risked cover orders because we don’t get to choose our or SL levels. I am scared of trying to use that.
And as of now CO allows limit orders too. So if I place a CO, does it show up as one single order? It seriously drives me nuts managing 200 orders getting placed with 1 and 2 quantities. I quickly exit all the single digit and double digit orders at whatever price just to clear out the orderbook page so I can modify SL or exit orders as and when needed easily with the bigger quantity orders.
As for the argument that we can’t edit them in bulk because seperate order IDs are sent to the exchange, the least that could then be offered is to allow us to place a check on multiple small orders and exit them instead of exiting the entire order. Like I want all the single digit quantity orders to be removed but not exit the whole order. Even that is not possible. :frowning: