Why did the exchanges publish a clarification on no additional intraday leverage?

Thanks Nithin
If not leverage on crude oil Futures at all then Atleast try and defend MIS margin if MCX come out with Circular. Because trading with NRML margin is way too unviable to trade. We can also adjust with MIS margin.

Still brokers providing older leverage. They updated in their websites, but not implemented. When will be implement these new margins ?

As per new rules for INTRADAY LIMIT, BRACKET, COVER ORDERS same margins ?

@Akkki, before also i consider like that , see the circular and post , F&O also you want to bring NRML margin , there will be no more leverage in intraday , because SEBI think F&O is alreday a leveraged products , again giving leverage is a big risk for retail and broking sytem , so SEBI banning thses things , SEBI move is always good and protect us , let see in few weeks. Zerodha is correct

Yes.

Soon.

5 Likes

Any idea about the approximate number of days before this is implemented?

This new rule was applied for me in zerodha today itself… for trading for a profit of 2000 to 3000 rs… the margin suddenly shot to one lakh …and I was unable to sell…this is ridiculous…why zerodha is pushing it so fast when they have been given time till march end atleast

1 Like

@nithin
Some food for thought for all

6 Likes

Post this new rule how much times exposure will be available for equity intraday with MIS ?
do we need to provide 100% funding for equity intraday?

Did he mention anything about upcoming progressive margining system or anything insightful about Indian markets from option trading perspective?

Everyone sign this petition PLEASE

2 Likes

Can you go through the thread, please, it is answered multiple times.

Can you create ticket here and message me ticket number.

@nithin and @siva : It would be fair if margin increase and margin reduction for hedging is implemented in zerodha same time :slight_smile: please talk to sebi :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Why should we experienced traders suffer just because of some new comer who doesn’t know how to use leverage properly and manage his risk… He will learn with time… Every one of us has been in that place when we started trading…I am sure you didnt start earning in lakhs in your first week/month of trading…

1 Like

If you feel you are experienced you must have already earned Lakhs which is sufficient for your margin :stuck_out_tongue:

Bro, even if i have lakhs (or even crores), I will have to sell limited number of lots with full margin… With leverage I can sell more, thus more ROI on same investment… SIMPLE MATH…

2 Likes

Wait for hedged position margin reduction :wink:

People mostly hedge positions when they are unsure of their study on market direction… We dont do that…

1 Like