Why does two charts of the same timeframe look different on the same platform?

Because zerodha sucks

I’m given this link for Zerodha Support on my ticket that I created today morning. July Crude futures data in market depth was incorrect while the chart data is correct. I saw this today morning outside of market hours. Day high was different by 35+ points, this is not a small difference.

1 Like

This should not happen, I believe in this case market depth is not updated, chart takes live prices from same ticker, you faced this once or multiple times?

Noticed only yesterday. It was reported to me by someone else.

This can’t happen, most likely your market watch window stopped updating may be due to connection issue.

No sir. If you notice the time in screenshot, it was around 7AM yesterday. I have FTTH and no connectivity issue for me. Like I said, I didn’t notice this issue. Someone else highlighted it and I wanted to check myself. I found the same and raised a ticket at support.zerodha.com (Crude Jul Future [Ticket #20180621950512]). It could be an one-off, but I wanted the technical team to find the root cause and address it so it doesn’t reoccur. Most, including me, rely on market depth. Incorrect data there is not good.

I believe the chart data is of around 7pm, also nothing as such was reported earlier.

That’s a huge issue in the chart, difference of 35+ points are terrible for traders!

Many a times chart gives problems now days. Every 30 minutes i have to log out and log in again. Charts HANG in between. I have to keep on checking Indiabulls and MT4 account . Zerodha getting slower and slower. Pi software dont run at all on SONy laptop with 6 GB ram and win10.
@nithin

1 Like

Can you write to me at tsiva@ zerodha.com, will get this checked.

i see that opening price of a stock at 9:15 is different in different time frames. why so?

Populated candle shows OHLC data in pi, same candles when refreshed shows different OHLC data, Zerodha customer care blames my internet connectivity, but my internet connection is good. Can this be fixed @nithin ?

I have explained on my first response to the main question on why it isn’t possible.

Dear @nithin, I would like to draw your kind attention towards wrong candlesticks formation during market and after market hours.
Like today on 25th September 2018, BOSCH 1 DAY candle was showing Open price at 19578. Whereas on left hand side it was coming something near to 19520.

After market hours are over, candle shape changes. Its now MARUBOZU in green.
Its technical glitch everyday or some technique to lure clients.

Because during market hours the colour from green to red was changing at 19577. And after market hours 19577 is still green.

Shall we shift to MT4 feeds ?

This concern is raised already by many here it seems.
In such technical advancement, there can always be provision to improve the candle to near accurate at least after candle close or few seconds later(if it can’t be done live)
Today Nifty future was Open = High @ 10749 but never appeared on charts, and many such falls info coming through out the day. Its very strange that other brokers are able to give this same info accurately.
Its high time Zerodha do something about it on serious note!

1 Like

@shiv hey hi there i just wanted to bring to your notice the fact that many a times we see different representation of candle on kite software compared to tradingview and sharekhane software.

Tradingview and sharekhane software charts are exactly similar but our kite charts differe with them many a times.

That’s the chart on kite… look at the marked candle.

that’s the chart on Tradingview. although we are using trading view tools why aren’t the chart representation same.

The charts on sharekhan also looks same as that on trading view.

please look into it. it’s not the only case . but many a times i have seen the charts of kite differ from other standard charts in the market.

2 Likes

Explained above.

Agreed i too thought it was because of internet but i experimented with CIQ and TCV only wrong chart pattern in CIQ but why not in TCV please find attached JPEGtvc_CIQ