Why I am unable to buy SGB in Zerodha

Hi @AJ007
did you receive interest for SGBNov23 Bond you bought last month?
What to know whether Govt will credit interest for bond bought in secondary market?
and what will be cutoff date / ex-date for buying SGB to receive interest?

Thanks

I was able to buy 2 SGB at Zerodha 6 days back
2 days later got mail that these were short delivered.
Now waiting for further resolution of the issue

You should get a response on the ticket.

@VenuMadhav @MohammedFaisal any update on this? When will be able to buy these from secondary market?

They’ve been available for close to 2 weeks now.

Thank you @VenuMadhav This is great. One question I had about the CDSL vs NDSL fundamentals. I believe Zerodha has our accounts in CDSL. If I buy a SGB which gets transferred to NDSL account; how will it get reflected to my account. Are you going to transfer it to my CDSL or keep it in a ‘client pool’ account. I apologize if my questions sound amateurish but this is an issue which I faced in Upstox and would like to know how Zerodha behaves here…

There are a few backend processes that we’ll have to do as a DP, requires us to co-ordinate with the 2 depositories - NSDL & CDSL. Hence, the units will be credited to your own demat account on T+3 as against on T+2. We don’t hold any client stocks in our pool account, they get transferred to the respective client beneficiary.

1 Like

SGB is for 8 years duration. There is an option for premature withdrawal after 5 years. Can it be exercised through Zerodha?

I purchased SGB, 27 in total, but ALL of them short delivered. Why is this so? Zerodha team, please clarify

Even mine was short delivered… @VenuMadhav can you get it checked?

You should get them on T+3 day I think

These will be delivered in T+3 days unlike T+2 in normal equity, for any more queries on this you can create ticket here.

Will the buyer be given any compensation for this short delivery? @siva
Also, in this thread only, there can be 3 cases of short delivery in a span of 10 days, why is this so in case of SGB?

I believe it is not short delivery for all, let them confirm after T+3.

I was able to buy SGBs through kite. But now i am only able to see them in my holdings in Console and not on Kite. Can i not sell them now through zerodha?

Are they listed on exchange? you bought in secondary market or primary?

Hi, I was going through all the posts. Please clarify this, Can I buy SGB on kite after they are listed on exchanges?

Yes, you can buy listed SGB’s through Kite.

@sureshkeshan @AJ007
do you got SGB delivered in your Demat account?

@siva @VenuMadhav

now, can we buy SGB in secondary market? will it delivered to our Demat account?