Why I am unable to buy SGB in Zerodha

I was able to buy 2 SGB at Zerodha 6 days back
2 days later got mail that these were short delivered.
Now waiting for further resolution of the issue

You should get a response on the ticket.

@VenuMadhav @MohammedFaisal any update on this? When will be able to buy these from secondary market?

They’ve been available for close to 2 weeks now.

Thank you @VenuMadhav This is great. One question I had about the CDSL vs NDSL fundamentals. I believe Zerodha has our accounts in CDSL. If I buy a SGB which gets transferred to NDSL account; how will it get reflected to my account. Are you going to transfer it to my CDSL or keep it in a ‘client pool’ account. I apologize if my questions sound amateurish but this is an issue which I faced in Upstox and would like to know how Zerodha behaves here…

There are a few backend processes that we’ll have to do as a DP, requires us to co-ordinate with the 2 depositories - NSDL & CDSL. Hence, the units will be credited to your own demat account on T+3 as against on T+2. We don’t hold any client stocks in our pool account, they get transferred to the respective client beneficiary.

1 Like

SGB is for 8 years duration. There is an option for premature withdrawal after 5 years. Can it be exercised through Zerodha?

I purchased SGB, 27 in total, but ALL of them short delivered. Why is this so? Zerodha team, please clarify

Even mine was short delivered… @VenuMadhav can you get it checked?

You should get them on T+3 day I think

These will be delivered in T+3 days unlike T+2 in normal equity, for any more queries on this you can create ticket here.

Will the buyer be given any compensation for this short delivery? @siva
Also, in this thread only, there can be 3 cases of short delivery in a span of 10 days, why is this so in case of SGB?

I believe it is not short delivery for all, let them confirm after T+3.

I was able to buy SGBs through kite. But now i am only able to see them in my holdings in Console and not on Kite. Can i not sell them now through zerodha?

Are they listed on exchange? you bought in secondary market or primary?

Hi, I was going through all the posts. Please clarify this, Can I buy SGB on kite after they are listed on exchanges?

Yes, you can buy listed SGB’s through Kite.

@sureshkeshan @AJ007
do you got SGB delivered in your Demat account?

@siva @VenuMadhav

now, can we buy SGB in secondary market? will it delivered to our Demat account?

Yes, one can buy and will be delivered in demat in 3 days, the same is mentioned above.