Why is it that less than 1% of Indian population trade? Why are young people not so active in trade market?

I think less participation is due to low awareness of Share Trading in India. and also the fear of loosing money as most of them treat it as luck. As per my observation some of the factors as follows

1. Lack of financial literacy ( Especially about Stock Market Concepts), There is no subjects or concepts included about stock markets even in basic level in most of the Financial and management courses like MBA.

2. No Awareness in General Public as they don’t understand how stock market work, in there terms investments is buying property or gold.

3.The markets have not been able to generate the trust that nationalised banks have been able to create in INDIA

4.Markets are subjected to RISK , But that “Risk” is misunderstood wrongly by General Public.

1 Like

In India everyone related to share market ,so called experts ,are trying to sell strategy,systems or tips, no one trying to teach you, if you ask them anything ,they tell nothing, Winner of 1st Contest replied to me was  "  Keeping the codes open to all will defeat the purpose on which they were formulated...These codes were results of an effort to find an edge over others... if they are open to all,  they they too become a commodity like  any other indicator..... Regards"..

2 Likes

Gambling Mindset Perception.

1 Like

This is a wonderful question, fit for a prize money.