Why people buy large amount of stock fast and pay more, instead of buying them slow and pay less

Today a stock named “Sobha” increased by 3% within 2 minutes. Now, I look at the volume, and total 22 crore RS of shares were brought at that time. I wonder, If someone wanted to buy stocks in crores of RS, why would he/she buy at once, and pay more? They could have brought same amount of shares in a window of 30 minutes. There was no news or anything.

I had a short position, and that hit my stoploss, it feels like, they want to punish me lol, that’s why they are buying at one go.

1 Like

Was is it in cash eq. ?

Yeah @RLM

If u wanna buy a land in an area…

Suddenly the prices of land started to move up from next day.

Do u stay calm and buy the land later ?

No right u will buy that land as soon as possible…

Stocks also works like the same.

2 Likes

I believe if someone has bought such a huge qty, might know something really good about the stock which others might not know.

Just curious to know why did you go short in Sobha?

It eventually went down, my short position would have made profit but stop loss…

It looks like a quick pump and dump to me, but I really wonder, how did the big fish made money here? Did they actually made money? If yes, how? Any idea?

Yeah, but I doubt this is what happened in this case. I am just looking for all possible reasons, this could happen.

This might be one of the reason, or more popular/famous reason, but i don’t think, this is what happened here. Just trying to understand what goes into minds of big money people.

Big money people are not one individual person. They are institutes.

There is no guarantee all the institute’s think in same way…

There is chance that one of the big player waiting at upper levels to book their profit.
When the price hit that levels he might placed the sell order then the price will come down.

2 Likes