Why Stock Option buying with market orders not allowed at Zerodha

Exactly… This is what I wanted to convey… This is real frustrating… The philosophy of basket order gets diminished here…

You can use limit order like market order by placing buy limit order above CMP and sell limit order below CMP. This way the order will get executed at best available price in the market, but not beyond the limit price specified by you. More on this here.

[tarakesh]… and fello traders , i want to know whether the order goes through if we use limit orders … Or is there a possibility that one leg of basket got executed and other is in ques(pending). This way the very purpose of basket order is not fulfilled. Also directional traders extensively trade stock options. so this would be a major limitation .

You’re placing an order for next week expity. Market orders are allowed only for the current week and the current month expires. For all other expires you will have to use limit orders. You can place a limit order like a market order, here’s how.

2 Likes

How to sell such orders? My order is already placed but I can’t sell it

A limit order will only execute at the price specified or a better price, ie. at the price specified for a lower price for buy order and price specified or a higher price for a sell order.

You can also use limit order like a market order by placing limit buy order above the LTP and limit sell order below the LTP, as limit order executes at the price specified or a better price, these order will execute at best available price in the market but not beyond the limit price. You can learn more on this here:

Hi, My understanding is like this- Options premium is derived from the parent stock. There are various factors which decide the premium. So for the derived premium there will be a bid and ask if the 3 price points (Premium,bid and ask) matches there establish a contract.

This might be wrong concept. Could you pls correct me with proper explanation?

So is there any way one can create an Iron Condor in stocks options in Zerodha and exit it peacefully?

If yes, can someone describe it step by step?