Why Zerodha DP charges are 15.93 when icici charges 5.32

I fail to understand why it is different . However if Zerodha charges etc. it’s still cheaper then other but then its misrepresentation / deliberate omission of the fact.

I think they need to change there marketing strategy as an individual i am satisfied with charges and services. However this omission of fact that approximately 8 RS ( inclusive of taxes is charged by Zerodha ) leaves a bad taste.

Anyway if on can give 20 Rs on FNO trade than one certainly can pay 8 Rs per trade if it is told upfornt.

How can this be deducted from P&L while filing taxes.

Abhinav

What are you talking about? It’s clearly mentioned here as well as on your application form - https://zerodha.com/charges as well in multiple threads on Tradingqna.

Hello,

It’s clearly mentioned on charges page & also in the Demat application form. So there is no misrepresentation / deliberate omission of the fact.

How ICICIDirect charges Rs 5.5 CDSL charges only?

Recently they waived off the DP charges, as they manage to absorb DP charges with high brokerage of 0.55%.

It’s a marketing strategy of ICICIDirect to show their charges are lower than Zerodha, but sadly it’s not true.

1 Like

Do read the post below for a more overall insight:

You can travel from Bangalore to Dubai flying Emirates in a business class - ticket is Rs.156000 per person, you get free water and other beverages

OR

You can travel from Bangalore to Dubai in Emirates in economy - ticket is Rs.34000 per person, you’ve to pay Rs.60 for water.

Will you ask Emirates why they’re giving free water in business class and charging for it in economy?

5 Likes

@Dorkstar1, Oh there you are, QnA has been missing your wit.

Would like to add one more point:

Only difference here is the economy class provides better services than the business class, but yeah you have to pay for the water.

1 Like

Hey @abhink, DP charges are charged separately and not part of brokerage charges.

DP charges include the cost which is paid to depository (NSDL+CDSL) plus a small additional cost that goes into processing that trade when stocks are sold. With us, it is Rs 5.5 for CDSL and Rs 8 that we charge extra. ICICI was charging Rs 30 or 0.05% whichever is higher until quite recently. Looks like they have reduced it now, they can of course make it up with their much higher brokerage (they charge a minimum brokerage of Rs 35 per trade on equity delivery trades).

If you check https://zerodha.com/charges or the charges sheet that you have signed, or the footnote here Brokerage calculator – Zerodha, you will see DP charges mentioned everywhere.

4 Likes

LOL , Who is traveling from Bangalore to dubai in business class!! Only you might be traveling.

Forget business class, why would anyone even fly economy class unnecessarily?

Certainly POOR people like me dont!!
So you should not give irrelevant examples here.

Fact of the matter is, you are on zerodha because you find it economical to pay 20 rs brokerage per order!!

I wonder why would a business class person pay cheap brokerage when he can afford better class brokerage companies certainly which are costlier.
:smile: :wink: :joy:

C[quote=“Spaceship, post:8, topic:25945”]
LOL , Who is traveling from Bangalore to dubai in business class!! Only you might be traveling.
[/quote]

You have a spaceship bro, why do you need to take flights? Leave it to commoners like me.

1 Like

Hahaha I liked the creativity in your comment.
:+1: :smile:

Dear All,

Thanks for comments, i have seen the pages after account opening.

However the sales person never mentioned it.

About this page

https://zerodha.com/charges

I have seen its misleading because table doesn’t mentioned anything about the DP charges. Table should have a row for DP charges, as once i saw the table i thought these were all charges and didn’t read the charges explained.

Now logic is that if it is not in the table then it will not be part of footnote and explanation. However i was wrong mysteriously there was a charge called as DP charges.

My mistake - i took the table on face value that it contains all charges.

1 Like