With the big banks and traditional brokers reducing brokerage, and companies like Paytm, ET money planning to jump in, what is Zerodha thinking/doing?

With NBFC Licence also, cannot be given collateral with FD??? Then good direct mutual funds we will choose for colleteral in future.

Although we appreciate all your hard work and your team’s but GTC is in coming soon from ages. Is there any definite timeline. We can find threads for GTC under development every year for last 4-5 years.

It feels like everything get prioritised but this and it’s very frustrating for a positional trader.

1 Like

With in weeks.

1 Like

Here is another article. Summing up most of what has already been discussed and implied here :slight_smile:

Today I received a mail from PayTm
Paytm to start discount broking services very soon stay tuned , all in one financial services they are advertising

Paytm targeting F&O traders

1 Like

Huh, I didn’t get anything. Can you post a screenshot of the email, please?

1 Like

We all know what’s the meaning of " soon " in zerodha

1 Like

Maybe what am suggesting is lame. But how about providing tip providers(SEBI registered vetted ones of course) the ability to connect to kite connect API and the end user just has to click on confirmation button. So there could be a marketplace for multiple tip providers that ppl can select from. Mr X can select one tip provider while Mr Y can select another etc. This marketplace could also allow “subscribing” to trading algos and not just tips. So algo makers can sell their algos at a monthly rate. There could be google playstore like reviewing and rating along with snapshot of historical performance so that the best ones come out at the top
(Personally am not interested in any tips…but there are ppl interested in such stuff)

We already have a feature called Kite publisher that allows anyone to incorporate a Kite buy/sell button.

Clicking on Buy/Sell initiates a Kite buy/sell order form which looks like this after authentication.

Creating a marketplace of tip providers, hmmm… Easy for us to do, but I don’t know how many tip providers will be okay to get on a platform and be okay to be transparent of their performance.

4 Likes

@siva What happened to this ? I thought it was one of your top priority.

Again around half year has passed and no GTC.

This is in closed beta, will release out in next two weeks.

3 Likes

hai guys,
in the broking industry zerodha is very slow to implement the new technology , they are working like turtle, you asked half years back , i asked mutual fund pledging 2.5 years back see the nitin posted on 2017 its will be available soon . now its 2019 i really tired , Alice Blue and fyers are good now they r implementing new technology on time what they promise to customer , alice blue account opened are sky rocket touckh from 2000 to 10000 , they are allowed pledging mutual fund whatever you want they r ready to provide for you, zerodha is providing 2.5 intraday margin , small trader cannot do here any thing , alice blue providing 5 times its reasonable

2 Likes

@siva Is it again delayed ?

1 Like

We are testing it, this is almost ready to go live but there are many edge cases to cover, will announce it out soon.

Hi @siva
Is this release blocked again on something ?

It is available on playstore.

@siva I meant one with gtc order. I don’t see and option for GTC order do I need to enable something

That is not added yet, should be available in next 2 weeks.

@siva Two weeks have passed again wait for GTC never ends I guess :pensive: …

Will release in next two days.

1 Like