Would you buy Zerodha if it gets listed?

Money flows from one asset class to another.

1 Like

Stepping into a firefight unnecessarily, which I try to avoid, but hey, should live on the wild side once in a while, right?ā€¦ so here goes.

Rao is addressing the global lack of financial literacy, which no one can deny. No course in school or college actually teaches you financial literacy. Comparing and contrasting different vehicles that are discussed here, bonds, stocks, futures, options, currencies, commodities, insuranceā€¦ while we are taught everything else to make us ā€œgoodā€ employees. So I can relate to that.

Do we have examination questions about how to compare different loans? Interest rate vs APR? How much we end ultimately up paying in interest on a loan, how tenure affects it, etc???

Do we have examination questions about life insurance vs term insurance. Which one is actually required for what circumstancesā€¦ health insurance, how to determine what amount to get one for, the risk/reward payoff between when to get it vs when not to??

Anyway, If the point of education is to prepare us for the upcoming life, why the hell is this fundamental education skipped??? Most of life is actually about management of finances, so why donā€™t we learn risk/reward of FD vs Bonds vs Dividends etcā€¦ while we are forced to learn Pythagoras theorem.

Yeah, he may have been too direct, and come across as rudeā€¦ but I try to ignore emotion and get to the crux of the point of view, SOMETIMES :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I do not know of any CA who doesnā€™t have a demat account and doesnā€™t invest.

Something an engineer will never understand.
We all know who makes more money on a long run. A trader or an investor.

Bullshit as always.

I think for multiple quotes, you have to copy each quote and paste them separately.

These people just draw lines on the charts.
We create those charts.:grinning:

Now, you too are generalizing.

How do you classify it like that?
My definition of a good trader is one who invests majorly, and a good investor is one who also trades wisely.
imo a lack of flexibility could be a sign of lack of knowledge or time or both.

Agree. Apologies. I should have said most of them.

This is just out of data. 95 percent of traders lose money. And 95 percent of investors make money. This is just on long run.
There are always exceptions.
Very good traders will always outperform investors returns.
But even bad investors will outperform FD returns.

Schools and colleges donā€™t make us employable too :rofl:. I found this the hard way after clearing 48 papers , 4 years . Degree is just a passport and certainly time wasted. I donā€™t have to say lot on this , itā€™s everywhere on news and internet.

You guys would be giving even worst * tags * if you found out average people in india think stock market is scam and real estate is the safest asset on planet especially they would even go to an extreme of buying a house on a desilted lake. Bellandur is a recent example, I donā€™t have to say much on this. I have nothing against real estate but people who do buy lands, flats often times have no idea what they are doing and not aware about the things they have to deal with it. Itā€™s not same as paper assets where things are simpler.

Answer is simple. The one who has money management wins. This is even for life.

More BS should be a CA that says "bro you always keep saying money is printed , inflation keeps coming , chill":rofl:. Yeah if you are smart you will draw your self budget have insurance, have emergency fund , buy basic necessity with FD and invest everything else in assets instead of ignoring of everything else. I donā€™t know how CA canā€™t comprehend money printing is what raises the prices of assets and that holders of cash are always screwed. If itā€™s too hard to understand follow this link

Someday we are gonna automate your jobs and make you jobless :stuck_out_tongue::rofl::rofl:

This is my hope!

1 Like

We know how to read balance sheets and will buy stocks of those Tech companies which will provide automation solutions.
You think about yourself. If everything gets automated, you too will end up losing your job

1 Like

This thread has become CA vs Engineer now!!
Please other fields also enter.

@ANKIT_T you know what. I feel stupid to reply here. And eventually even you will. So itā€™s better you too refrain from replying here and come down to such low levels.

Yet I had to reply to what you said.

Only if they have one right now. :rofl:

Okay am done.

I really doubt that. Looking at just only balance sheet is not going to help. You need to see what their product is and how well it does. Now I am not sure how well you guys are gonna comprehend big IT products like how Zoho CRM, SAP FICO, QILK etc work , are customers going to downsize and find better alternative (which is quite common as they always love cutting back on expenses, almost every industry hates the budget they have to spend on IT dept) that these products may even lose market altogether. Besides trends have changed that they donā€™t mostly buy products unless they are big bussiness (who have big budget budget for IT dept ) and rather hire data scientist & programmers with some experience in finance background or domain .

Either way I am not here to bash finance students & grad in first place or any other degree. Education is not evolving at pace at all, this what I am saying. And thatā€™s kinda reason why very less people are into equity space. I kinda believe thatā€™s why zerodha made varsity free as that would bring lot of people. Even sensibull made option trading videos and trading psychology videos free.

That has already happened , upgraded my skills found better job and even better package.