You can't now use the proceeds from selling shares for 2 days

You will have to wait for T+2 days.

how exactly would peak margin reporting work and how does it affect an intraday trader who trades in cash segment?

Now it’s time to say goodbye to the Indian stock market. :smiley:

@anc2015 suppose u bought tcs at 2200 at 9 am 100 shares. 2.2 lacs.

Lets say by 12 pm tcs went down 100 points to 2100 ie current value 2.1 lacs

Now by 2:45 pm tcs again went to 2300 . U squared off at this point. So a profit of Rs 10k

But wat they will now do is peak bottom point of 2100 price. At that moment if u dont adequately maintain downfall extra margin exchange will grab u and impose penalty

That fine invoice may come in a week or month and u have to pay

Eod u squared off with profit. But even then at every point of day u did not maintain margin so u need to pay fine

So u have to guess how bad tcs will fall say 2000 or 1900 and put that much margin with broker to avoid penalty

ok…but what if I place a stoploss at 2180 while entering into the trade? will i still be penalised if the stoploss hits during the day and I close my trade?

That is different topic, request you to read this post No additional intraday leverages from Aug 2021 in Indian capital markets

@anc2015 when ur SL hits at 2180 u will not have any open position when tcs trades down at 2100. So ur account will not come in shortfall list

Those positions that are kept open without providing additional margin money at 2100 will be penalized. Even when at EOD they squared off with profit

@ShubhS9 both are interconnected in a way

When i sell from demat holding exchange will not know if i short sold or a demat sale

Cash limit not created even after demat trade

All this are interwoven

Where will you go?

@siva @nithin will it be possible to have a zconnect blog with simple examples covering all scenarios in both equity and derivatives segments. That way even you won’t have to keep answering more or less the same questions over and over again

1 Like

So what happens if I don’t have required margins and I want to sell my holdings? Will the sell order not take place or will they charge a penalty for that too?

We are still not sure about what exactly will happen. The way things are at right now, if you sell any stock from holding, you will not be able to use it for anything until T+2 day. Apart from that nothing else really changes.

1 Like

Like I said in the original post, you would not need margin for selling from your holding. You will not be able to use the proceeds for anything.

1 Like

does zerodha have early payin system through which traders dont have to wait for T+2 days to initiate a new trade? and when you say we cant use the proceeds for a new trade does proceeds here means (old amount + recent profits) or just recent profits? also, will this t+2 settlement issue affect intraday traders who trade only in cash segment?

Given the replies above (with regard to not needing to worry about having margins to sell holdings from demat with CNC), I’m assuming this is in place? Thanks.

heard that sebi has relaxed the same till aug 31st

No, it means one don’t need var+elm to sell shares which are already in their demat.

No, it won’t but if any profits are realized during the day those should not be used to take new trades as those will be realized only on T+1.

Will be.

1 Like

Since it is going to be August, is there any update on this thread?? @siva @nithin

Maybe today or tomorrow we can confirm.

1 Like