You can't now use the proceeds from selling shares for 2 days

We won’t be able to use realised profit. What happen if shares price go down and we received margin utilisation call ?

In that case still we have to add funds ?

@siva Any changes for tomorrow? This thread has got too many comments, not clear what changes from tomorrow and what doesn’t. Anything changes for me as a Zerodha client? If something is indeed changing, an article on Z-Connect would be great.

We will put out a post in sometime.

Sir, Is there any change in BTST, margin blocking, Margin for sell holding?

what will be the rate of interest for margin funding in zerodha?
Will it for BTST, Swing or fot intraday?

Please check this.

In short if you are a trader and you use your stocks as collateral against leveraged position in cash and fno…you need to pledge…if you are a serious investor… you need to have VAR margin whenever you sell stocks.

Is Early Payin (EPI) now implemented in Zerodha? OR do we still need to keep margin for selling stocks in our holdings?

I have read announcement and it says that you can use profit on Wednesday which are earned on monday.

I want to know does profit settle on T+2 early morning ?

Yeah.

EPI is available at Zerodha.

I am new here, sorry if this has been asked before.

Suppose I have 10000 rupees in my account Monday. I make a profit of 3000 in one trade in the morning. I take another trade the same afternoon and make a loss of 2000. My understanding is that the 2000 loss is realised immediately but the 3000 profit will be available on Wednesday morning. So my balance on Tuesday morning will be 8000?

Also any profits made on Thursday will be available only from Monday morning or will I be able to see it on Saturday/Sunday?

Right. The loss you make gets deducted from your account, the profit you make will be available in T+2 working days for Equity and T+1 working day for F&O.

Settlement happens only on working days, Saturday and Sunday are holidays, so profits made on Thursday will be available on Monday.

1 Like

@ShubhS9 i observed this the other day
I had only Rs 78 in my account
I sold my bajajfinserv from holding but was able to buy it back for a profit resulting in intraday trade. I thought sales proceed cannot be used in this scenario but system allowed. Will this restriction be applicable from dec?

This is old thread, after this there were some changes made, as we do pay-in of securitues on same day under Early Pay-In mechanism, this allows one to use sale proceeds immediately to trade. This has been explained here.

1 Like

@ShubhS9 not that of buying other shares sir. I bought back same sold shares for intraday profit. Is that also now allowed?

It is very much allowed now …not sure about any changes which will be there in December .yes @ShubhS9 can guide .

You can do it, there has been no change.

If there are any changes we will update :slightly_smiling_face:

5x leverage even for commodities too? after sep 21?

No intraday leverage in F&O (Equities, Currency, Commodity) from September 2021, you will need full SPAN + Exposure margin. Explained in detail here.