You can't now use the proceeds from selling shares for 2 days

No hopes, it will be zero.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7yli854wo430tm/Annexure%20A.pdf?dl=0

Annexure pls read if you have any doubt

1 Like

@siva can you help me to understand this clause no 18
How will margin be collected in case of intra-day
transactions (buy & sell) in same scrip?
As per SEBI circular CIR/HO/MIRSD/DOP/CIR/P/2019/139 dated
November 19, 2019, upfront margins viz. VaR margins and ELM are
required to be collected in advance of trade. In case of any intra-day
transactions in the same scrip on the same day, Margins shall be
collected as per the below illustration:
Transaction Scrip Qty Margin @ 10%
Buy ABC Ltd. 100 10
Sell ABC Ltd. 100
Nil
(Since the net quantity
of the scrip is nil)
Total Upfront Margin collected 10

Var+elm is required for intraday, that’s it.

1 Like

Thanks for clarification I thought flat 10% margin if it’s intraday :rofl::joy:

from monday this new T+2 rule be applicable? @siva

I understand that part.

All I am saying is - earlier on Zerodha after selling, immediately you would get a margin for that amount. And you can place a buy order with that margin.

Now, you would have to first add fresh funds from your bank account in order to execute another buy order.

Please note - if it were a 3-in-1 a/c in true sense, you would not have to “add funds first” in order to execute another buy order. Your bank account balance acts as margin.

Did you get it now?

@siva Is the same thing applicable for F&O whole Span+exposure margin would be applicable for Intraday.

Yes but that’s not from Sep 1st that will most like start from Oct or Dec

@nithin Sir, can you kindly confirm if the brokers can still allows the retailers to use the proceeds from selling the securities in their demat without waiting for T+2 days.

So @siva I am a delivery trader and trades once a month to churn my portfolio. if I sold my holdings today, I understand that I don’t need margin. But I want to buy another company stocks in the same day for holding again, can I do? Or need margin/ wait for 2 days?

Dear @nithin @ShubhS9 @siva
I have few questions please clarify that
If I have buy share with 100% margin on monday

Q1. From which day I can square-off it?

Q2. If I square-off from my existing position on monday by which day I will get back my full margin and profit?

Q3. Do I need to pay extra var+elm when I have to square-off my position?

Q4.After square-off my previous position on monday, from which day I can enter in some fresh position?

Q5. Does the same would be apply for future and option if I pay 100% margin for BTST?

Not sure on this, also with this new circular even if we tie up with bank that money should reach us before the trade, I think.

Yes, but for fno nothing changes till oct 1st.

Only if early pay in is done, after 20% deduction the remaining can be allowed.

From sep 1st if broker does Early payin, ie deducting shares from demat on same day then after selling those proceeds can be used to buy other after 20% haircut.

Any day.

On monday only you will get full margin, profits on tuesday.

Not required but on sell proceeds 20% will be blocked and will get on T+2.

Same day also okay.

No concept of BTST for fno, but if you sell carry forward long options then need to wait for T+1 for proceeds to buy eq/fut/short options, buying other options can be done on same day though.

Hello @siva @nithin,
I’m an option buyer and I take 2-3 intraday nifty option trades everyday.
Kindly let me know how will the 20% deduction thing affect me?
If I square off my positions, will 20% be blocked for every trade?

1 Like

Hi @nithin

What changes from August ?.. There are so many news/tweets please let know in summary … What changed from earlier framework ?

Again recalling

"Can I sell stocks in my holding and then buy it back in the same session (Intraday) with Profit or loss whatever may be the case.

Of Course in loss , i understand the extra money required to cover the loss has to be in my Trading account or I buy back lesser shares and compensate for the loss."

Can I do this still in AUGUST 2020 ?

No changes for you, only thing is profits on intraday trades can’t be used to take other future positions.