You can't now use the proceeds from selling shares for 2 days

we cant use net profit or profit on any leg of option strategy? @ShubhS9

No, you can’t use any profit on same day, you can use only from next day.

You are talking about kite or in ledger on EOD basis?

we can’t use full profit or 20% of profit proceeds will be blocked only …in case of option selling/buying? @ShubhS9

No, You can’t use full profit made from Option Selling or Buying on same day.

I didnt understand “ledger on EOD basis”
I will explain…
when I go to the margin calculator webpage and calculate the margin to be blocked… say it comes to Rs 23,000 for a particular credit spread. But when I go and actually purchase the exact credit spread in Kite. It seems to deduct much lesser (say Rs 16,500) from my funds. So is the funds inaccurate and show me the correct deduction later, or is the calculator inaccurate ?

Maybe you let me know next time if that happens, calculator should be close to live.

Can you please confirm it is T+1 or T+2.

Profits realised in Equity segment are settled on T+2 days, while profits realised in F&O segment are settled on T+1 day.

So basically SEBI wants to reduce market liquidity.

Which means more volatility that equates to more risk which implies more margin thus reducing futher liquidity.

Fantastic job SEBI. Geniuses at SEBI i tell you.

Hi @ShubhS9,

Can we use the profits on selling options and accumulated option selling premium on the same day! Still confused about this new rule regarding option selling, so please confirm.

So, if I booked the profit of options that I sold, and rolled over to the next strike, can I use the profit that I booked on the previous strike on the same day?

No, you won’t be able to use the profit on same day. Profile incurred in F&O are settled on T+1 day, only after that we can use those.

As per new SEBI norms leverage is going to zero by Aug 2021. It is just for FNO or Equity Cash segment, too.

1 Like

There will be no leverage in F&O segment, while in Equity Cash segment there will be 5x leverage.

Why don’t you offer overnight position in intraday Equity.

Sharekhan offers T+5 day. And then auto square off if trader do not add funds.

I think they charge interest after T+2 days.

What is the UPDATE now post August 31st 2010.

Any changes ? Kindly Just give me a brief tangible reply ?

@nithin @Siva

Yeah, you can buy it back till dec 1st , intraday profits can’t be used though.

We will offer margin funding in coming months, will take sometime.

We won’t be able to use realised profit. What happen if shares price go down and we received margin utilisation call ?

In that case still we have to add funds ?

@siva Any changes for tomorrow? This thread has got too many comments, not clear what changes from tomorrow and what doesn’t. Anything changes for me as a Zerodha client? If something is indeed changing, an article on Z-Connect would be great.