You can't now use the proceeds from selling shares for 2 days

I have never said SEBI is sitting on it. But does the settlement happens manually in this digital times? Your shares are transferred between DMAT accounts. Just like any fund transfer in banking system. How much time it takes?

3 Likes

@anon31396786 meanwhile u wait for real time demat settlement sebi will block 100% sales proceed until t+2 . Keep waiting

1 Like

until now, we were using other clients money until funds are settled.

I think these decisions are right to prevent brokers to get default.

I can’t see profit from 16th Dec on 18th Dec in opening balance.

Can you please tell me when does profits are settled.

Eq intra profit should show, if not you can create ticket.

@siva can you include a tab in funds page in kite - intraday p/L

Yeah, will take some time though.

1 Like

@siva i also observed the intraday profit is not showing until t+2 days

Ideally on t+1 the profit must be available for use?

Intraday profit cannot be used until it is settled, the settlement cycle for Equity segment is T+2 days and for F&O segment it is T+1 day. So it will start reflecting in Kite balance only once settled.

Suppose I have 10000 opening balance on day 1.

I make 1000 intraday profit and after all brokerage and taxes net profit was 800 on day 1.

Day 2 opening balance 10000.

I make 2000 Intraday profit and after all brokerage and taxes net profit was 1600 on day 2.

Now on T+2 my opening balance should be 10000 + 800 profit = 10800. Right ?

Does charges from day 1 and day 2 deduct on same day ?

Bharat, charges will be deducted on the same day from your initial capital ie. Rs. 10,000, so when the profit you made is available on T+2 day after settlement, it will be the entire profit.

As per example day 1 charges are 200.

So on 2nd day my opening balance would be 10000-200 = 9800 ??

Right.

Why and what is the logic reason ?
If my trade is intraday , then ideally it should settle on the same day or T+1

These changes were made by SEBI, you can learn more here.

Exactly my thoughts!!

And I have questions.

May I ask you a hypothetical question if you don’t mind? Let me give you a scenario:

a) Say I have 1L cap. I buy stock X @ Rs. 100 x 3000 pcs in CnC on Monday at say, 3X leverage (so value held=3L) for the whole amount with broker ABC.
b) Tuesday, the stock falls by Rs. 10/- (now at Rs. 90/-) and I’m having a loss of 30k. So, my Cap now stands at 70k (with leverage it’s 3000 x 90=2.7L).

What will the broker do now? Can he square off as per his wish to unhook himself from the leverage? If yes, why so? I still have money to pay him back his leverage of 2L.

With us you can buy only with 1 lakh, no leverage is provided to carry for next day.

what if i exit frome 1 hedge position and enter other hedge position?

You can do this as the premium received from squaring-off your Long Option position can be only used to take Long Option position in same segment on same day. If you want to use those funds for other purposes, you can do so only from the next day.