You can't now use the proceeds from selling shares for 2 days

Correct but intraday profits made can’t be used to take new positions as that money is realised on T+1. Too many changes.

2 Likes

Because it’s not allowed by SEBI

1 Like

@siva @nithin
If early payin happens How do you guys take care of Corporate Actions for dividend or Buyback on ex- date ?

Since shares are deducted on T day .

1 Like

@nithin

Can I sell stocks in my holding and then buy it back in the same session (Intraday) with Profit or loss whatever may be the case.

Of Course in loss , i understand the extra money required to cover the loss has to be in my Trading account or I buy back lesser shares and compensate for the loss.

shouldn’t we protest this ?

No, that is also not allowed unless you have excess cash.

Don’t worry, I don’t think it’s going to happen anytime soon, it makes no sense in current economic crisis. Sebi just want attention like rakhi sawant😂

1 Like

@nithin, Does it also mean that we have to wait for T+2 days to buy stocks after closing our Liquid ETF positions?

1 Like

We’re handling it today for one day (since we debit it on T+1), we’ll have to start handling it for 2 days. Nothing much changes.

Yes.

1 Like

It’s like going backwords. From a digital economy to the old accounting, credit and debit system. Lagta he SEBI Chair ko Digital India pasand nai aya

Yes, soon everyone will have to come to Dalal Street in mumbai and shout in the pits…that’s SEBI’s vision

4 Likes

It seems you didn’t read the post and circular. It’s happening SOON! we have what a week left? isn’t that soon?

1 Like

think he meant it won’t be implemented soon, them declaring it does not mean it will be done on the given time frame

@nithin @siva
Can you please put it in simple words bro it is creating confusion among people .

1. Lets say i bought a lot of nifty and sold on the same day with Margin blocked around 1.5 lakhs . So will my funds be released . Will i be able to use those funds to create new positions ?

2. Lets say i sold a lot of nifty positional with a. Margin blocked around 1.5 lakh . Next day i exit my position. Will i be abe to use the funds after exiting the position on the same day ?

3. Suppose i bought Reliance 2100 CE intraday and sold on the same day . Now can i use those funds to create other positions ?

4. Now coming to commodities . Lets say i buy a lot of silver and sell on the same day. So can i create other positions in commodities after that ? And what if i do BTST in commodities can i use the funds on next day ?

Please make these doubts clear . Its really getting confusing .

1 Like

this is saddening… first the margin rule and now this… :frowning:

1 Like

You can do all of this, there is no issue. We are talking about equity/stock trading and not F&O trading. The only thing you won’t be able to do in F&O is - you buy Reliance calls today, you sell them tomorrow, you can’t use the proceed to trade futures or short options or buy stocks. You will be able to buy only options with that.

3 Likes

While you can do this now, but this might be an issue once peak intraday margin reporting starts. Let me explain.

Say you have 100 shares of Reliance and no money in your account. You sell the shares in the morning (which we will allow without margin), you then buyback at end of the day. End of the day, no position, no reporting to be done.

But once peak margin reporting starts in October, we will have to say that you had peak intraday position of selling 100 shares of Reliance. There won’t be any securities for early payin, which means no margin for this position, which means this will get considered as short margin penalty. Which means, this will also have to stop.

2 Likes

Few questions;
1.Does it affect positional equity futures trade? Do I get margins released immediately after exiting positions or wait till next day to get it?
2. Does it affect intraday option selling or the earlier margin release on same day regime continues so that I can take new trades same day?
3. How does it affect positional option strategies with long short legs like an iron condor? For eg if I setup an IC on friday and exit next thursday on expiry do I get the entire margin back to my account same time on exiting the positons or Do i get it next day since option buying is involved here?
TIA. @nithin @siva

@nithin previously if we used margin from selling holdings or from selling long options we were allowed to take further FnO position from it and exchange charged margin penalty for it. Correct? So now can’t broker pay penalty for this and then pass on to client or there is more provisions attached to this.