Your comments on SEBI discussion paper that talks of making F&O product tougher to access for retail traders

I am sure that , mandatory exam will not at all reduce retail traders risk, Its highly not possible to prevent retail trader’s from trading in FNO , only reducing FNO lot sizes will reduce lot of risk to retail traders , i wonder the same SEBI is not at all talking about high risk involved in day trading ( excluding FNO ) SEBI is focusing only on taking out retail traders from FNO

I am smelling back stabbing but for whom, why SEBI is trying to give unethical fevor to FII and MF’s?

FNO in mainly for hedging the risk of the portfolio as the mkt became overpriced SEBI instead of reducing the lot size they are increasing it.

What if India’s retail investors send a team of representative to meet finance minister and explain the situation to him perhaps Mr.Modi also.

1 Like

FNO helps to hedge the risk of portfolio, but during market downtrend , other than FNO there is no option to take long short position/ trading opportunity for retail traders , so SEBI is planing to close that window , to help Mutual Fund Lobby and / IAS babus with their communist mindset, right now they are not talking about day trading , SEBI knows if they do , they will be hit immediately,

2 Likes

Nithin
What is happening with Sebi?? Again increase in margin by 5 percent in the name of Additional surveillance margin. . How r we retail customers gonna survive?? Already they stopped allowing primium to be deducted from total span and now this?? It’s gonna cut down on the fno market by atleast 30 percent or even more. .even OTM options need an additional 2 percent margin. . THATS HUGE…U have to do something bout it or else its gonna kill this market for retailers like us. .raise a campaign. .do something. .pls

4 Likes

I did create ARTI lmao. My number is 9560606861. Ping me up and I will add you to the group. And yes nothing that SEBI does is right.

3 Likes

When any gov institution by all means trying to act against common individual, it means corruption.
Seems like SEBI is contaminated with corrupt babus.

3 Likes

Did you see the definition of OTM?
It’s 5%+ away from last closing price!

For example, if Reliance closing price is 1335 or 1340.
Then, even 1400 CE is not OTM!

correct

True for nifty almost 500 points away is OTM amd that too will attract 2 percent extra margin. .its gonna ruin strangles. . Really bad

1 Like

Go to this thread -