Zerodha brokerage calculator has something missing

Dear Nithin, please take note of it urgently. Zerodha brokerage calculator is not showing stamp duty charges as per respective states. I am not happy because I got fooled by this wrong calculation.
I also have account with SAMCO & they have beautiful brokerage calculator on their website which shows exact brokerage charges including stamp duty. Please check samco brokerage calculator , they have added Indian states also for stamp duty.
I got to know about it after seeing my contract note where I suffered nominal loss due to this when I came out of trade at no profit no loss. But later your ledger showed me my position made a loss actually due to stamp duty charges!!

I hope you will look into the matter & do the needful. It is for the benefit of every zerodha customer.

Thanks

Stamp duty charged by the respective state governments. Each state has different stamp charges.

Stamp duty charges included in brokerage calculator, to check stamp duty charges, Frist you need to enter the buy value, sell value & quantity & select contract note.

You have to choose the state.

stamp duty get added and show the real profit/loss. If state is not chosen it can be excluded from calculations with a star saying stamp charges extra.

Hope it helped :slight_smile:

Thanks for your response. Yes this way it reflects full charges. But for an intraday trader, who frequently needs sharp calculations for trading small percentage change in share prices, its problematic.

Because for every possible combination of different quantities of respective scrips, a person will have to keep refreshing the page because otherwise, this contract note keeps adding previous calculations.

If you want to do separate calculations for different scrips, you will have to reopen this page & manually select your state name each time inorder to know actual brokerage charges.

And all this is time consuming & not suitable for a day trader who needs everything at lighting fast speed.

Please have a look at SAMCO brokerage calculator on their website. You have to only once select your state & you can keep adding new price/ quantity and you will have brokerage charges instantly.

That’s why I am requesting @nithin to go through this thread & add similar important feature in zerodha brokerage calculator.

I hope this will be done as soon as possible.
We should keep adding the best features in zerodha for the benefit of zerodha customers.

Thanks

1 Like

Full support on this. I’m sure Zerodha staff are smart and they will be able to add the respective state stamp taxes in the calculator itself instead of having another options which is given in separate box.

1 Like

Yes, I do support that zerodha should have this feature.

1 Like

Dear Zerodha, kindly add this small but important feature.