Zerodha bse glitch: 2L lost (potential 10L loss avoided)

I’ll be happy as long as they acknowledge that reparations are to be paid.

The same time around last year, there was a big fiasco in terms of mutual fund investment through Coin. Even then, they said that they’re not liable and that they’re ‘sorry’.

What was the fiasco ? Kindly shed some light .

File a complaint through SEBI’s SCORES Portal.

There was a regulatory change where in trading account funds could not be pooled with mutual fund investments. For mutual fund investments, you had to make payments directly from your bank to BSE Star MF. Lot of people had their money stuck for days and many including me, got delayed NAV allotment.

You could see this thread somewhere from Post #250 for more information - Discontinuation of pooling for mutual funds and how it affects Coin - Zerodha / Coin - Direct MF - Trading Q&A by Zerodha - All your queries on trading and markets answered (tradingqna.com)

2 weeks free brokerage. What will I do with that :smirk:
Total Loss made due to their glitch is 14k
Wish they have some heart while addressing issues of clients
I have paid more than 2 lakh in brokerage using my 4 accounts

I didnt accept it, i have filed complaint in sebi, I didnt want to actually, but this is forced on me now

It’s fault of BSE.

Last time NSE was shut for half a day. Who will u go and ask for refund.

In USA, order are matched at broker itself or sent to large brokers than exchanges.

No its not the fault of BSE this time. Some people were able to punch orders even after it rejected for others

Basics… brokers have multiple leased lines from there server to BSE.

One of line connection and even back up line connection was lost.

This is what happens when non technical like u try to explain.

If one line snaps…then all the clients in that line order status will not be sent. Order sent in one line can’t be retrieved in another line. As all other lines were active, it didn’t effect others.

This is not USA where u can use any connection lines to send orders. here bse controls the server connection lines through there internet companies. Zerodha must use one of bse authorised companies.

Try your best to get refund…as it’s bse fault go to them…but an CS student, no system is 100%. Even Facebook for down recent. Only way is to ask bse and nse to give more lines. Enable multiple server usage.

Bold of you to assume things, Im a CS graduate myself
I just didnt know that zerodha cant switch lines if both normal and backup also goes down

I was not talking about order status, If there was a way to connect the rest of the people to another line then those people wouldnt have faced the adapter issue while placing a fresh order

I’m staying far away from bsefno tomorrow.

My main edge in intraday trading comes from being able to stop out. Zerodha’s reply to this situation has mostly been… oops, we’re sorry for your loss. There hasn’t been any update on how they plan to handle another glitch.

The solution suggested was to trade small. Trading small will do nothing but build bad habits to take on bad trades because the size is small.

As far as i can see, there is no reason for me to trade bsefno until the platform gets more stable.

Indeed! The only stakeholder whose interests are unchanged or better in this ‘trade small’ scenario is the broker.

Hi @nithin, @zerodhahero, for even a small update, you will send a push notification. But on that date, the technical glitch lasts for nearly 45 mins and you had posted it in bulletin which didnt send any notification to clients. So wasn’t it negligence on your part not to send this through push notifications on the trading terminal? No trader will see bulletins during trading hrs na. Also the issue wasnot against every strike price, it was only against particular strike prices like sensex 65300 ce etc.,

Due to wrong communication from your team, I had travelled whole day to Bangalore to settle this issue. You are having 12 million client and not having even 1 % of support staff. Train them properly first and deploy enough members to address clients issues quickly over the calls. It takes minimum 3 to 5minutes to connect to your customer executive while almost all other brokers are providing very good customer support.

5 Likes

Nope. U can’t switch lines. When an client order flows in one line. The order status should come in that same line. U can’t switch to another line. When the line goes down. Broker will have no access to order status.

Well, the bse and nse systems have no proper backup facilities which is worst.

Using multiple lines and then allowing use of any line we want is must needed change.

From zerodha server which is hosted in Amazon AWS, order management system of thrid party to BSE/NSE server is connected by leased wire…what if it’s damaged it have uplink or downlink problem.

For example of we use lines like Airtel which routs over multiple links as backup then delicate line will slive the issue.

1 Like

This is really unexpected from zerodha.
The stated reason saying ISP going down was a LIE?

The trust built up all over the years is breaking! You didn’t make this information public before hand in your bulletins
@Meher_Smaran you owe an explanation to your customers on this. I cannot believe zerodha did this. I was a zerodha fan boy all this while, seeing this coming on twitter shocked me like nothing

I was awarded a partial settlement after so many calls and I personally accepted 50% loss at my side with the other 50% refunded to me. Looks like I was cheated here. Something like the same happened to me on that day, now the exchange has ordered them to refund as per the client’s calculations (which was the identical / exactly same) in my case as well

2 Likes

Yes.
Dear Z, at the very least stop the “altruism” BS hereon.

1 Like

4Mbps is the backup line or main line?

Can anyone from Zerodha present their side of the defense?
Why did you settle for 4Mbps line?
And what actions have been taken for the noted points in the order regarding capacity and bandwidth?

Hi @Krishnakumar @VijayNair @viswaram @alwaysshri

Apologies for the slight delay in response.

Would request you to check this detailed response by @VenuMadhav on this topic:

3 Likes

Thanks for the detailed post
But knowing that someone else got full refund just by pursuing at the exchange level still disappoints me because I accepted partial refund after attending 10s of calls in the name of negotiations

The rule should be the same for all right, if Mr X gets full refund as per the calculations, why was mine rejected?
Pls note, my situation is exactly the same without and iota of difference
The only reason I accepted the partial refund was due to the reason thinking that it was not under your control but now things are looking slightly grey.

Idk only when it comes to issues, zerodha doesn’t seem to be as vocal as it would be for other things.
End of the day because you know that many like me would still continue with you guys if you respond / don’t respond properly to it really worries me

Anyway, im not here to be offensive or to troll, im using this space at the moment to express what I felt!

3 Likes